Can’t win for losing

-
I understand you have a business and totally different situation but I never had insurance on my car trailer. That is until a good friend can opened his enclosed trailer going into a funneled in road construction area on the way back from Dragway 42 near Akron. What a mess as he had to call a friend and have him empty his trailer, and drive out to Ohio to load up his race car and everything in the trailer. They towed the trailer for the trailer title. Total loss. I had bought a new enclosed trailer in 2017 and when I went to insure it through Erie insurance they made me get a business title for one tow vehicle and car trailer. So now I have two policies.
My enclosed is covered by Erie. For 15K trailer, its insured!!

the way our liberal judges are he`d go to jail before the theif did !!
ya know youre right ...cant defend property any more..at one time you could...in the old west stealing someones horse out from under them was basically leaving them to die OP post it at the tracks and on craigslist whatever its a car trailer it will show up somewhere close 1 state over maybe...

ya know youre right ...cant defend property any more..at one time you could...in the old west stealing someones horse out from under them was basically leaving them to die OP post it at the tracks and on craigslist whatever its a car trailer it will show up somewhere close 1 state over maybe...
cattle rustling and horse stealing were a hangable offense back then .
GOD said all murderers and rapists should be put to death too , but the bleeding hearts have overcome .

Got a new trailer today.Insurance company didn’t cover it.
Found a decent 24 foot open trailer. First 24 footer I have found, and got a sweet deal on it, upgraded the tires, got a spare, 5100 bucks.
I am figuring( hoping) I can load my golf cart on the trailer first, length wise( same direction as car goes) with the slide out ramps, tie golf cart down, then slide ramps over and load car on right behind it.
Had a buddy tell me today he has seen guys with 24’ enclosed trailers, without cabinets, fit golf cart and car the same way As I plan to do on my 24 foot open, have two foot dovetail, 22 foot flat, hoping rear tires are well on the flat of the trailer…should be…
After I take carb apart tomorrow to fix a ragged idle issue, plan to load at least the golf cart, do a little measuring, and maybe try car on it too.
Plan to race at an event at US131 in two weeks. I have a lot of catching up to do :thumbsup:

It’s dirty, was sitting under a tree at the place I bought it, nothing a quick hose down won’t take care of tomorrow

IMG_0061.jpeg

Looks nice. I’m taking it your got the final answer from insurance or is there still a chance. Man I hate thieves.

I have been looking for something I could make work since about a week after it got stolen.
Wife got the final word today while I was driving down 30 minutes South to physically look at this trailer. Went back with a truck to get it late this afternoon . He had to change out the tires. Came with 205 bias tires. Buddy who knows way more than me said upgrade them( so I did, got a spare and full set of 225 radials for extra 300 bucks)
Not the news we wanted to hear for sure.
Most of it is my own stupidity. Didn’t have a lock on it, and didn’t have it boxed in.
wont make that mistake again, sucks you can’t have nice things without some meth head or whatever being brazen and stealing your stuff.
Sucks!

No I disagree. It's not on you man. Yeah, a lock would have been prudent, but this is 100% on the scumbag(s) who took your stuff. It sucks it wasn't covered. I'm glad you were able to get a new one, though. It looks nice.

Last edited:
A trailer is a good hitching post for a Rottweiler, a well trained one of course. Maybe two.

Nice replacement trailer, they are worth their weight in gold, mine gets well used.
Be careful on the diamond plate deck when wet, it is slick like ice.

I have my trailer on a policy but I want to add my duster or duster’s too. Pretty stupid of me not having it on my race cars. Sorry it turned out bad for you with insurance.

I guy I bought the trailer from said he sells one or two each month to people who have had trailer stolen.
He also told me you could have gotten them to pay by just telling them it was hooked up to a truck in inventory when it was stolen.
No way I could do that, but the insurance went out of the way to avoid helping us.
after 10+ years we switched companies to this one on the advice of my brother who has had them forever.
My wife told them from the outset she thought we were under insured previously and to make sure we no longer are.
they actually did a visit to our lot last year. Both trailers were sitting where they always are.
live and learn. Expensive mistake/ omission/ whatever.
Monday going to make sure both trailers are added on an addendum or whatever we need to do.

I am, but I moved from western Washington to east central Florida! We couldn't be happier. My 10+ round magazines are appreciated here. I'll PM you Monday.

-
Back