Can anyone confirm my car's build date on the fender tag?

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
As near as I can tell (via Google searches) my car was built March 18 (code 318?) on the 2nd line from the bottom. Is this correct? Thanks for any guidance.

Fender Tag Zoomed-1.JPG

It's Scheduled Production Date was 3/18, but could have been built before or after that date. The SPD isn't concrete.

All the Dart GTs (option code A65) in 1970 and 71 were 2 door Dart Customs, which were the high end trim cars inside and out (VIN starts with LH23) and then had the A65 option, which was the GT package which included a console shifted automatic and bucket seats and GT badging. I have seen lots of guesses as to what else might have been part of the package, but it seems every time we think all the cars had something specific, someone has a documented GT that didn't have that...

Was A65 the option code for Dart GTs earlier than 1970???

All the Dart GTs (option code A65) in 1970 and 71 were 2 door Dart Customs, which were the high end trim cars inside and out (VIN starts with LH23) and then had the A65 option, which was the GT package which included a console shifted automatic and bucket seats and GT badging. I have seen lots of guesses as to what else might have been part of the package, but it seems every time we think all the cars had something specific, someone has a documented GT that didn't have that...

Was A65 the option code for Dart GTs earlier than 1970???

The console wasn't part of the GT package for 70/71. Just bucket seats and the trim.

This is the ad for '70
546e5426-66ec-41a1-9a3a-20df0538eed1-jpeg.jpg

The GT registry had a bunch of 70/71 GT's that didn't have a console. Most did, but definitely not all of them.

-
Back