Can anyone ID these seats?

-

Serj22

Reaction score
Though they're really nice, this is yet another piece of my dart that just may or may not fit my final interior design thoughts. I've looked through fabo a lot and at a lot of seats for sale and these just don't resemble anything. They may be aftermarket I'm thinking. The driver's seat also sits about an inch and a half too close to the door as you can see. They are in a 68 dart, and they have plastic backs. Any thoughts? Original owner had no idea what they were from. If I want to sell them later I just need to know what I'd be selling. lol.

Edit: added additional pictures below

CAM00479_zps77cae3a1.jpg

Of course it would upload upside down... I evenre-oriented it and it still refuses to upright.... 'l fix this soon, I promise...

I don't recognize them from your picture, but posting a pic of the seat release button (side or rear view) & the seat backs would help a bunch.

They look GM to me ??? Girlfriend had a Chevy Monza 2+2 and 1st wife had a 78 Camaro and the look very similar in shape and design. But that was a long time ago....lol.

I don't recognize them from your picture, but posting a pic of the seat release button (side or rear view) & the seat backs would help a bunch.

You got it. 1 second.

Here we go:

Here's the slider release, located in the center, underneath, on the side that is against the door.

CAM00485_zpsa88dedbf.jpg

Seat folded partially forward, the release is the chrome piece in the photo. Located slightly behind the seat, on the door side. The allen set screw in it resembles the ones that are found on the heater control switches on the dash.

CAM00487_zps102e2ad4.jpg

and the back

CAM00483_zpsfce0e2e8.jpg

Still not seeing anything dodge, plymouth, etc... related to these. Even if they were recovered the shapes and foam doesn't really match anything as far as I could tell... I still can't figure it out. I looked through a lot of GM pictures too, like camaros, corvette, etc... still don't see anything close.

Meet-Joe-"Dart";1969892605 said:
2nd gen Camaro seats

Like these?
images

I was looking through camaro stuff, but these have a similar shape, but the design and material is definitly not stock, or if it is, it's not anywhere else online that I can see. Is it even legal to put camaro seats in a dart?

The fabric is probably not stock... but those seats are definitely 2nd gen Camaro. If thats what the car came with live with them until you can afford new seats. my 2 cents

Well, I can live with them, no doubt. The only problem in the future is that now they definitly don't match my dream vision of the interior. I already reported the original owner to the police for GMing a mopar. They said they will deal with it immediately. I also made note to mention that I didn't put the seats in, so I was in the clear.

-
Back