Can anyone identify this lock?

-

jabdusty57

Reaction score
A previous owner modified my Duster to fit an over-size trunk lock. Unfortunately, the rear housing is broken so I need to replace it. Does anyone know how to identify it? I searched for the numbers stamped on it with no luck. Rather than with a spring clip, it secures with a large bolt to threads that are about 1-1/8" tip to tip. The numbers read ES1143 B1 18594.

Attachments

• Trunk Lock.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 156
I have a supplier who sells automotive locks,I will check today if I can.Heading out the door to go to work right now.

It looks to be a '73 and up A-body trunk lock. I had to put one in my Demon because someone in the past had opend the hole up in the tail panel.

Hey Demonracer - I think you hit it on the head. For some reason, I thought the nut designs were older since the clip design on the 70 doesn't loosen up. I'll see what Dreno comes up with. Thanks guys.

That is a seventies through eighties trunk lock, I don’t recall exact years it was used, but any lock smith can get you a new replacement.

ES1143 is the factory key code used to cut a key for this lock. If that lock pictured is original to the car, its key will fit the glove box as well.

If you get a replacement lock, the old lock’s pins & springs can be transferred to the new one so the same key will once again work both glove box and trunk.

You don't need to wait for my answer,these guys are all right.1973-89 trunk cylinder and the "es" code is your key code. There were too many clyinders with the clips being pulled out with a slide hammer so this was chrysler's way of improving security. Oldmanmopar has a great price and you can change the pins yourself (wjajr) if you want to keep the same key. Wow,I thought there were only 2 locksmiths on FABO,lol. :D

-
Back