Can anyone Identify this MOPAR thermometer. Where does it mount?

-

1969FB & 1967NB Cuda

Reaction score
My brother gave this to me. He had it in his garage for years. Does anyone know where this Thermometer attaches to?
IMG_20210327_211907938.jpg

Wherever you put it. It's an aftermarket Mopar accessory.

Wherever you put it. It's an aftermarket Mopar accessory.
well the orientation of the MOPAR logo is side ways. I thought it might mount to the drivers mirror because of the alignment of the logo and the red line. It has a threaded hole in the lower back side and is hollow in the back center with a center tube like a deer whistle. I thought a hood ornament but the logo would be vertical and the is not viewable from that distance. to see the red line and temp it would have to mount on the drivers side and then the logo would be horizontal. I doesn't seem able to mount to my Cuda's LH mirror.

No idea side of the steering column maybe to see the temp? Pretty cool though.

Late 70’s early 80’s accessories and mounted on mirror or a pillar somehow for outside temp. Before digital inside temp gauges we all take for granted today.

Can the clear? part turn to set it at a different ange?

Holly crap thats expensive!
yeah but that was maybe last NOS on this planet. The owner of this even more rare MOPAR logo unit, appears used? no mounting bracket may have a 300 dollar gift from a brother. I would be on ebay with it.
Drilling holes in my right door for a right mirror sooooo hard to do,
I sure as hell aint drilling holes in my drivers door for a thermometer. Good luck to all

These kind of accessories were sold at places like car washes and mom and pop auto parts stores in the 70s. Probably hanging right next to all the compasses people bought that got lost all the time. Probably less than 10 bucks unbranded from the same manufacturer, but the ones labeled with a make like the Mopar and Olds ones have to be worth some coin.

These kind of accessories were sold at places like car washes and mom and pop auto parts stores in the 70s. Probably hanging right next to all the compasses people bought that got lost all the time. Probably less than 10 bucks unbranded from the same manufacturer, but the ones labeled with a make like the Mopar and Olds ones have to be worth some coin.
I don't think so. This was probably a dealer accessory. This is quality chrome, solid metal and weighs 7 ounces. That's 1 ounce short of half a pound!

-
Back