Can anyone identify this?

-

carguy46

Reaction score
Found this in the shed. Not sure what it is. Kind of looks like a grill for a car or truck. Does anyone out there recognize it?

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 365
Grille for the jousting guys they used to show on tv , Lawrence

1974 Lincoln grill center section? Lol, I have no idea myself, but be patient grasshopper! I posted up a thread exactly like this one, I had what turned out to be a 1965 Mustang grill! I got all kinds of guesses, but when Mustang grill was suggested, I googled it and sure enough!

Ford LTD Grill

th

Thanks for the encouragement big hammer. My husband passed away a month ago. He spent 50 years as a MOPAR Mechanic. This thing looks like the grill on the picture that 73AbodEE posted. But what he would be doing with something that belongs on a ford is beyond me. Have lots of mopar stuff, including the heater core for a '69 Belevedere. but can't imagine why he would have this.

OMG, are you saying carguy46 is your husband, and he has passed away? I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know what else to say. I didn't know him, but you certainly must be dealing with a lot of emotion. Be strong friend. He is not suffering, just asleep in death

OMG, are you saying carguy46 is your husband, and he has passed away? I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know what else to say. I didn't know him, but you certainly must be dealing with a lot of emotion. Be strong friend. He is not suffering, just asleep in death

X2...sad to hear

If you have any questions about other parts or their value we would be happy to help you out or point you in the right direction

So sorry for your loss. I think Lance is onto somethin though.

Attachments

• LTD GRILL.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 261
Yes, Carguy46 was my husband and has passed away. Thanks to everyone for the condolences. And thanks for all your offers of help. This thing looks a lot like the picture posted by zkx14 but with a little difference at the top (or bottom), not sure which way it goes. We belong to a Mopar club, and some of the guys have been very helpful, but no one seems to know what this is. If I run into anything else I can't identify, I will be more than happy to ask for your expertise. Thanks guys

The original post sparked my interest. I figured there must be an app for that, so I went looking and found one called Cam Find. You take a picture of something, and it tells you what it is. I doubt it would work for such a random part, but it would be worth the try if I had the part. And no, it would not work for the picture. It was either too close and said it was a screen or too far away and called it a laptop.

And in my opinion , this kind of software will only get better. I can foresee it eventually being able to easily figure out small and random parts.

I was going to say half of a bug zapper cage but.......The Amazon Fire will listen to a song and tell you what song it is and who sang it, this stuff is getting pretty good at ID'ng stuff. Course the barcode scanner on phones links you to all sorts of pertinent review sites.

-
Back