Can i bum a Light? PLEASE HELP!

-

Ironracer

Gearhead
Reaction score
Hey I hope all Y'alls doing quite well, along with Your Families, Loved ones, Brother's and Sister's and All yer Friends!
I have an issue that is plaguing me it's actually tying up my Dakota. it's my old lady's 94 Isuzu. It was her Brothers,, he passed from cancer. So it ain't going anywhere trust me! I tried... I'm pretty sure I know what the issue is but I'm not interested in that, what I'm looking for is it down and dirty redneck method just to make the headlights come on there is one headlight relay for the left and one for the right in the Box up in the engine bay... what is the best way to just make those things come on when we need him to come on what are you involved popping the hood or not can I just run a hot and ground? Now the thing is, there's five damn wires going to each. And I can't really find out nothing about this damn thing on the internet. If any of you guys have ever played one of these things, or any of y'all electrical gurus kin tell me how to stab it up (just to get them powered up, when needed) that'd be awesome! Barb closes restaurants at night. If I can make those headlights run, I can get my truck back, and get to work, plus she'll quit driving the tires off of it !!!!!!!
THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION! I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!

Generic wiring diagram showing how you end up with 5 wires in a relay for a headlight circuit with two relays. This is super basic, there should be another headlight switch in the system but other than that it gives you an idea.

IMG_4501.jpeg

Basic relay diagram…
IMG_4502.jpeg

@67Dart273 would be a better source for troubleshooting than me!

If you have a 12V test light, check the fuse for the lights. It should be in the fuse box in the dash, or maybe the same box as the relays. If there is no power going to the relays, they won't work. Also, check the ground wires for the relays to see if there is corrosion. Salt air is hard on stuff like that. Good luck to you.

-
Back