can somebody help me with my interior lights? some work..

-

rabius75

Reaction score
the lights on my intrument cluster dont work, but the climate control light works, and (as dim as it is) the ashtray light works..
i checked the fuses, all 12 of them :) and i dont think its one of them...

Here is what I know about A-body intrument panels. The lights all work with copper strips on the back of the speedo panel. The lights screw into the plastic case (1/2 turn in/out). There is a possibility that all of your bulbs have either fallen out or burned out. There is a harness connector that may have partially "unplugged" on the back of the panel. Is everything working on the panel with the exception of the lights? If your gauges are working then the harness is connected. I would feel around up there and find one of the bulb plastic connectors and take out the bulb. (The connecter has a flat 'fin' on it like 1/2 of a nickel) Give the connecter a half-turn out and the bulb will come out. Check it out to see if it is burned out. (Pull the bulb out of the plastic connecter) You can get bulbs at any parts house. I believe you do have a fuse for the dash lights. If some of your dash lights are working, then you must have 4 burned out bulbs in your instrument panel. I do not know how much you know about the A-body instrument panels so I tried to give you some info that will help. Sorry if you know this stuff already. Good luck!

i figured there were lights that might be burned out, so i felt about and found two of them, the one i got out wasnt burned out, but one of the plastic tabs is broken. i pressed it in and turned it while i had the parking lights on, but i didnt get anything.
yeah, all my guages work, but my left signal indicator (the little green arrow) wasnt working earlier, but i tapped on the guage a few times and it started working again.

-
Back