Can someone help identify these buckets please!

-

mkayers

Reaction score
These are in the 1970 Duster I bought from 340plot. He said they weren't Mopar but we didn't know what they were. The back of bottom base is plastic. The seats aren't bad but I would like to recover them and don't have any idea what they are.

Attachments

• SAM_1515 (Medium).JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 218
  • SAM_1516 (Medium).JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 214
  • SAM_1517 (Medium).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 217
nice to see you back on here.lol i still have no clue what they are from, but i do have the correct a body buckets for your car. they have the pot metal hinge covers and all. pm me . i have someone intrested in them, but if it falls through, ill give you the same heck of a deal i am giving him.

They may be 70-72 Camaro/Firebird buckets Remove the plastic cover from the back and look the year/manufacturer symbol. It will tell you if it's GM and it will have a year or year range. If they are early Camaro/Firebird, and it was my car, I would sell them and put Mopar buckets in there.

They could be firebird as well, I want to say they're 73 because of the square on the back and the fact I used to have a pair of those that went into a 1968 mercury cougar I owned in the past. Either way isn't white interior codes somewhat rare? I'd hock that stuff and get proper mopar seats as well.

Those seats were used in 1971-1981 Camaro and Firebired, Monza, and Sunbird. The upholstery job is what is disguising them. Most had vertical pleats with 4 buttons on the seatback. Could be custom covers or a non-Camaro version, like the Firebird or Sunbird. Judging from the velour looking inserts I would say an upholstery shop did their best to disguise them as mopar seats using a moparish pattern. These seats were originally used on the 1970 Vega and were than slightly modified for install in the F-bodies and related gm cars that got them. There were two styles of seat backs depending on whether the car came with standard or deluxe interior. It is hard to tell in pic whether yours are the squared off version(deluxe) or the more rounded standard style. Both used the same seat frames. You can also fix the caved in part on your driverside seat bolster by firmly grabbing the bolster and pushing out away from the cave in. There is a big piece of wire in there that holds the foams shape. It got bent from somebody slaming into the seat.

I just re-upholstered a pair for my 1978 Camaro, it's a for sure those are as described above.

After doing an ebay search you're exactly correct on the GM seats. That's why I asked. Thanks guys! Now it's on to find some Mopar ones!

-
Back