Can someone help me with my "Chrome" idea for my scoop?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I just had my snorkel hood scoop painted and I just put it on. The hood is black and so is the scoop. I had this crazy idea, that the scoop needs some chrome to match the grill. I'm not saying I want a chrome scoop! Just around the front of each side of the "intake" so it can be seen from the front. Will a paint be effective? Is there some sort of chrome molding that can be found?
I hope you know what I mean?????? :munky2:

Thanks!!!

I once used some plastic chrome adhesive door-edge molding to cover a dull grille...cut to fit and pushed it over the bars... looked great; came from autoparts store, cheap.

hmmm.... Interesting! Best of all, it seems like you know what I'm trying to say! :)

That trim around that snorkel is pretty thick though. I guess it's wouldn't hurt to try??

I think the scoops on the Super Bees/Coronets had chrome trim around the scoops too. That was factory though.

Any other ideas?

what about that chrome tape they use on heating ducts in houses? the chrome door edge stuff would work gr8 if it fits idk tho. i like the idea and bet it will look really trick when done

Since black and gold look so good together, why not do a matching gold instead of chrome?

Since you already have a black hood, I'd stay with the black hood scoop.
I have a 1971 factory 340 Duster, Gold Leaf Metallic with the factory blackout hood treatment and the 340 Wedge callout on the black (Organisol) hood. I like the black hood contrast against the gold exterior, works well.

The chrome is interesting but is more bling than a Mopar needs, IMHO.

But as always ... to each their own!

Mvc612f.jpg

Yea, it kind of surprised me how well the gold and black goes together.
I'm thinking I might paint the top of the front quarters black, and the "Swoop" up by the windows like yours too. Just a thought.

Like I say I don't want a "Chrome Scoop"! I want to keep it black, I Just the chrome trim on the oval part of the intake of the scoop.

Kind of like this...

G_27844G_CL_1.jpg

I got just what you need. For chrome mylar strip, check out www.autoamenity.com I have purchased it several times in varying width and configurations. They have sizes ranging from 1/8 wide, U channel etc.

They also have the correct width chrome mylar for headrest trim on 68 Barracudas (and various others).

-
Back