can someone identify this underdash a/c housing?

-

David Hetzel

Reaction score
I got this underdash a/c housing in a pile of other parts. I have no idea what it's off of-does anyone here? I can't use it/sell it if I don't know what it fits.
Thanks,
David

ac 1.jpg

ac 2.jpg

ac 3.jpg

See the "P" ? That's J.C. Penneys logo. Universal use.
Installed a bunch when I worked for Montgomery Ward .Sears had the same too.
Universal. We called them Knee Knockers.
Someone with a early 60's car may want it.
I sold one to a guy for a 64 Dodge. But I had everything from under the hood too.
Worth ? Maybe $100 for someone that wants one.

There were several aftermarket "hang on knee knocker" units back then. The original owner of my 70 440-6 RR had installed one and I was forever grateful. MUCH easier to work around and deal with than the integrated OEM ones. "As a bonus" after I'd swapped in the 340 into the car later on, I also (later) managed to modify the mounting bracket and put the AC back in!!

I cannot quite pull up the brand name out of my mind, they were a "player" in the day, and likely soled them for such as JC, Sears, etc. I want to say "American Air" but not sure

A lot of the guys over on the Jalopy Journal Forum like these in the 50's cars. Try over there.

See the "P" ? That's J.C. Penneys logo. Universal use.
Installed a bunch when I worked for Montgomery Ward .Sears had the same too.
Universal. We called them Knee Knockers.
Someone with a early 60's car may want it.
I sold one to a guy for a 64 Dodge. But I had everything from under the hood too.
Worth ? Maybe $100 for someone that wants one.

You're correct....BUT that logo was used when they were only known as "Penny's" before they got fancy. lol That's a very cool piece. Pun intended. lol

I think the brand name for Penney's stuff, back in the day, was "Penncrest". Kind of like Sears had "Kenmore", and Costco has "Kirkland".
Incidentally, I still have some JC Penney cheater slicks mounted on some SBP ralleys, hahaha.

Had several sets of Penny's slicks,L/60/14 tires,a Helmet and tools.They were a player back in the day.

Thanks all! I found a picture of one in a 1969 Dodge Van also. If it might be worth $100, I'd sell the thing for $50 obo if someone wants to pick it up. It's just in my way.

-
Back