Can someone Photoshop my 69 Notch?

-

Haney

www.carsonandironmt.com
Reaction score
Hey to all! The picture below is my 69 Notch which was my first car that I have had since 1985 when it was given to me by my dad. It is a factory 318 auto car but is currently a 340 4-speed. This car has looked like this since 1986 or so..... Now that I have a son, it is time to pass it on down. I kind of want to make it "his" and redo the car to his taste. He really likes B5 blue cars and also the Gunmetal cars. I think either would look good on this car with the Black Vinyl top but would like a visual? Can someone photoshop this car in B5 and Gun Metal? Also take off the hood scoop, rear spoiler, and "Barracuda" script on the side. If you have time, add some 17 or 18" torque thrust style wheel and lower a little to give it a pro touring look.

I know this is a big order, so if no one has time, that is ok. Just thought we might have some artist out there that would like to see how it would look....

Thanks in advance! What a great site this is......

1969-1-1.jpg

I think there is a guy at moparts that does good photoshop,work but if you post be prepared for a bunch of jerks to cut your car to shreds with snarky comments.

I like the gunmetal and the reflection of the original in the floor, lol

You owe me 5 billion dollars....:thumblef:

Funny!
But those were nice photochop jobs.
Can I bug you one time and have you tell me how you did that so I won't have to continually ask?

I want to get my truck in frost green with a white top and white below the side moulding.

thanks.

IMG00752-20110604-0954.jpg

IMG00136-20110313-1146.jpg

one of these greens:

503995_1_full.jpg

attachment.php

SirDan Thanks Man! That is an awesome job!!!!! Where do I send the check?:blob:

So what do you guys think: Keep it Gold, Go Blue or Gunmetal?????

Tough choices but I think I prefer the gold the way it is set up.

I'm thinking the different wheels is a better option than a different paint color. Certainly less expensive than paint.

I like the gunmetal and the reflection of the original in the floor, lol

So picky! :boxing:

Funny!
But those were nice photochop jobs.
Can I bug you one time and have you tell me how you did that so I won't have to continually ask?

I want to get my truck in frost green with a white top and white below the side moulding.

thanks.
Always copy the original layer so you always have the original. so i copied the picture to a new layer.

then I erased anything that wasn't body paint, did layers>hue saturation> and check the colorize box then adjust the hue saturation. That got the color there then clone stamped the scoop off and wing off. In all honesty it came out a lot better than i expected. The wing was pretty easy but the hood scoop was difficult since you have to make up what is not there and try and imagine how the light would reflect on the hood.

The wheels i just grabbed off the web cut the background out and used the scale tool and skew tool to get them looking sortof good.

There is still is room for improvement I feel. The big thing with these photoshop projects is having a high enough resolution picture and a good picture. no fuzzieness or out of focus stuff.

The pictures you have of your truck are a bit of a low resolution and would be difficult to work with. The better your picture the easier the job will always be.

I also have been using photo shop for about 5 years now so i am getting pretty good with it.

And fast!

I hereby dub SirDan.....wait for it......

Sir QuickDraw

Maybe I should start doing this for money!

As for what i think of the car, I agree that swapping in some new wheels would make a big difference. I also think a different hood scoop might be cool as well. The colors, well i like them all!

How old is your son? I think you're going to run into one of those deals where a few years later he's going to regret modding it to the way his 18 year old brain thinks it should look.

When I first got my Duster it was white with a B7 blue interior. I ended up painting it metallic blue. I wanted to put hood scoops, a go wing, flat black hood, black interior, rallye stripes, aftermarket gauges, aftermarket steering wheel and 17" rims on it. Luckily I couldn't afford anything other than the paint. A few years later I painted it back to white, painted the steelies black and put some nice dog dishes on there. It would have been a huge waste of money to put all that junk on there. Younger kids tastes change in a hurry. The color of that car is awesome and not something you see every day. I wouldn't change it if it was me.

-
Back