can someone tell me what these heads are?

-

christineman

Reaction score
Ive got 360 Im going to build up,, can anyone tell me what the heads are, 188 or 202 or J heads or what? the head number is 4027596... also, the block cast number is 4006830.. what year is this block? last one more question,, if these heads are not good performance heads, should I use 188s or 202s for horsepower and performance when i rebuild it??

thanks in advance.

christineman

Those are 360 smog motor heads i wouldn't put two cents in to them,i 've got a pair sitting on the garage floor cause' thats about all they're good for,holding the door open..try to find a better set of heads...

Those are 360 smog motor heads i wouldn't put two cents in to them,i 've got a pair sitting on the garage floor cause' thats about all they're good for,holding the door open..try to find a better set of heads...

thanks a lot,, you saved me... anyone out there have a extra pair of J heads they can let go of???,, seems thats what most people say I should use to get maximum HP out of a 360

I have a extra set of 308s (they need to be gone through, pulled from a running setup though)...and they wont be free...Here in New Mexico.

i have a set of 2.02 j heads in iowa.they came off a running 360 when i gat my dart.im running a 340.let me know if you need them we can work out a deal.

If you want to send them my way, I'm sure i can find a us for them :yawinkle:

Stay tuned! Them 360 smog heads are the ones I'm currently porting.
Hope to have them finished and on my car before the end of race season..............

christineman,
what kind of plans are you planning on around these heads
Stock rebuild? mild/ wild street, race....

-
Back