can we talk plug gaps?

-
i like taylor's. you can get them custom sized or roll your own, but if you don't have anything unusual in the way, just order them all ready made up

I run the Firecore 50 wires. They are an excellent quality wire. I ran Taylors and MSD. Always had a miss when I slowly stepped on the gas. Put on the Firecores and gone. To me they're worth the money.

Fred B

i have heard of the firecore 50's, how much does a set of them run? I have heard they are terrific wires. But i have also heard getting ahold of the guy who makes them can be a chore sometimes?
I'm not looking for the very best wire on the planet, just something descent and thats better then what i currently have. These borg warner wires suck i have broken them multiple times pulling the wires off and they are only 7mm and the lengths on them really suck they are ether too long or too short. Only reason i got them is cause they were on sale for 34.99 and came with a life time warranty. They mesure out at 450 ohms of resistance per foot, wich i guess isnt that bad really, specially for a parts house replacement 7mm wire, got em from orielly auto parts bout a year and a half ago.

Crane claims there 8.5mm fire wire has 25 ohms of resistance per foot, but i have heard people say they have more like 300 to 400 ohms of resistance per foot. So i dont know for sure, they sure do look like good qaulity wires and they would match my coil and ignition box. But if i can get a little better spark by going with the taylor thundervolt 8.2mm wires that have 40 ohms of resistance per foot then i'll get em, or the msd's but the msd's are more money then the thundervolts, about 25 bucks more for the same wire basically, same resistance anyway.

Resistance per foot does not tell the whole story. If Crane wires are that low, they are probably a "magnetic suppressor" design rather than a resistor wire. CONVENTIONAL suppressor wires are simply a resistive wire, plain and simple.

You like your radio, or you don't.

They are $105 a set. I have never had a problem getting a hold of him. He has been great answering all my questions. Excellent customer service.

Fred B

well crane also claims there wires have exellent rmi supression they said there wire is a conductor of some kind? they look good black and grey. Still pondering between them and taylor thundervolts the thundervolts are 8.2mm with 40 ohms resistance per foot and the cranes are 8.5mm with 25 o0hms per foot resistance. both are under 70 bucks total.

-
Back