Can you fit a 15*8 on the front of a 1971 Dart?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All

I've converted my Dart to big bolt pattern and would like to get some new wheels and tires for it.

Has anyone run a 15*8 wheel on the front? What backspace would you use?

Thanks for any help

Steve

I have 15 x 7's on the front of mine with 4.25" of bs and thats as close as I can get to my Upper Ball Joint. I would "think" 8's would stick out a little too far past the fender.

I've got 15" X 8" wheels on the front of my '62 Valiant V8 conversion. The reason is that the wider tire for an 8"-wide rim gives better handling and more traction than a 7"-wide tire. I forget what backspace I used, though. I did have to roll out the wheelwell lip a little bit, and I had to use a lower-profile tire on the front than on the back so I could get the front suspension down enough to crank some caster into it. The 8"-wide wheels all around, with heavy-duty rear leafs and big sway bars front and rear, gives you handling like you wouldn't believe. The mo-fo acts like it's glued to the road.

Hey:

I had a chance to get a set of pretty nice wheels for a good price, but they're all 15*8. Sounds like its more hassle than I want to deal with.

It currently has 3.5" wheels on the front. They fit nice-LOL!

Thanks for the help!

Steve

-
Back