Can you ID this unusual car?

-
'64 Chrysler Windsor.

I had a '64 Chrysler Saratoga 300. The Saratoga was Canadian only in '64. 383 pushbutton. Had the square steering wheel.

That brings an interesting thing up how Chrysler marketed what was basically the same vehicles under different names north of the border.

I have always loved A-100 vans but part of me always wanted a Fargo branded one because that was a Canadian thing and something that would be rarely if ever seen in the southwest U.S.

I take it you don't have the Saratoga anymore? I remember the thread when you got it :)

That brings an interesting thing up how Chrysler marketed what was basically the same vehicles under different names north of the border.

Chrysler wasn't the only brand to do that. Ford sold pickups north of the border in the late 40s to the mid-to-late 60s branded as M-series Mercury pickups. Of course, as this is a Mopar website, I'm now going to go wash my mouth out for saying the F word...

I have always loved A-100 vans but part of me always wanted a Fargo branded one because that was a Canadian thing and something that would be rarely if ever seen in the southwest U.S.

I take it you don't have the Saratoga anymore? I remember the thread when you got it :)

Yeah, Fargo's are pretty cool. I have a '69 Fargo W100, a '65 Fargo W300, and I just worked out a deal with a good friend for his '49 Fargo Pilothouse.

Yeah, it needed an out of province inspection and my better half didn't like how much of a barge it was, so I traded it off for a '67 383, standard bore engine from a 29,000 mile car with brand new rebuild components, and a bunch of Barracuda parts.

So Windsor is the Canadian version?
Rani, I have a bit of a wagon thing too. Owned a couple but none of the nicer body styles. One was a Volare with 318 that I converted to propane when we were getting it for about 50 cents a gallon up in Canada. Ultra practical and economical family car.

So Windsor is the Canadian version?
Rani, I have a bit of a wagon thing too. Owned a couple but none of the nicer body styles. One was a Volare with 318 that I converted to propane when we were getting it for about 50 cents a gallon up in Canada. Ultra practical and economical family car.

Yeah, sorry, Windsor.. Newport.. Same thing.

-
Back