Can you identify this camshaft?

-

PaulRM

Reaction score
Got a used camshaft (supposed to be a "performance" camshaft) today. No make but it does have a raised set of letters and a number; namely: EP7. On the end is scribed; 64-247-4 and also UX 4594-07. Mean anything to anyone out there? Thanks for any help you can give.
Cheers..... Paul
P.S. If it is a "performance" camshaft, would I need extra heavy duty springs?

It's a Comp Cams 260H Hydraulic cam shaft. Not that much lift. Nothing special for springs. Advertised lift is .440" with 1.5:1 Rockers. 110° lobe seperation.

Do you have a hydraulic valve train? If not, it won't be of much use to you.

CJ

What happens if tou run a hyd.cam with solid lifters??
Not planning on trying it,Just wondering...

Nothing much. You have some weird lash ramps, and a weak sister kind of valve behavior.

Lessee. 212° @.050", .440" Gross lift. Toss a bit of lash in there.. Probably in the .42x range. Pretty much stock for a mechanical. I wouldn't waste a lot of time with it. Good little cam for a hydraulic motor. If you run a slushy, it'll perform well.

If your looking for a pretty decent mechanical cam, take a look at the Group Cam Buy on dot org with Erson. Pretty good stuff. Go over and read what it's all about in the engine section of the forum. The prices are very good. I just ordered my third Erson last week.

There are also some specials that have been worked up. RDP grinds. Doc sent the RDP profiles up for the RV Grinds, then the racers started in on a 270/260° Hybrid with street manners and a bit more rumpity 280/270° RDP. The "Lou Special" is on the books now. It's an RDP Hi Flow AM with some new numbers for the lobe centers. not really a street cam. You'll have to visit Dot org to get the particulars.

RDP=Reverse Dual Pattern

RDP gives you more intake duration as compared to exhaust. This reduces pumping loss for our 120° engines. (Degrees between power.)

It works. I'm running an RDP grind in the Hooptie right now. I shot low on the gross lift numbers. When running lash specs of .018 and .022-.024" there isn't much left for lift! For street, it's the cats ***. Smooth idle, and still picks them up and puts them down.

CJ

-
Back