Can you remove this easily?

-

AxelsMopar

WolfiesDuster
Reaction score
OK so though out my search for the "perfect mopar" or the "right one" I've noticed that alot of the Chargers I see for sale are the SE model. The reason I know its the SE is the fact it has the weird "opera windows". So i'm wondering can you remove them from a 1973 Dodge Charger SE? Heres a Pic to show you what I mean. Is it possible and low budget?
1973_Dodge_Charger_SE_opera_windows.jpg

My dad almost got a hold of a white SE for me a few years back.... not 100% sure but I think they are removable. It wouldn't make much sense to completely retool the 1/4 panel mold for the windows. I think its either a plastic trim piece or a plug (IE rear window on 1970 Challenger SE)

I was going (and likely will) to ask a similar question over at FBBO as I have these opra window treatments on my 74 and want to know if anyone has changed this to windows that actually open? I dont have the vinyl roof to worry about as the PO removed it.

i think they look pretty cool myself, however i do believe they can come off (not easily). i think i had seen one before with it off at a show before and it looked kinda weird wiithout it to be honest....good luck

You can get rid of it but good luck finding the parts. You will need the windows and regulators, all the inner trim and panels, outer trim, window felts, seals, etc. Then you have to find someone who will cut all the plug crap out and redo the window channel. Won't be easy or cheap.

Well ive found some of the parts and other after market stuff but i still havent found a picture of a completed one and i cant find anyone who has done it...

Well ive found some of the parts and other after market stuff but i still havent found a picture of a completed one and i cant find anyone who has done it...

You mean like a non-SE Charger? This is a '74 Rallye without the opera windows.

74rallye.jpg

I really want a Rallye or a standard 73/74 Charger but the trouble is there hard to find! If I have to I'll live with the opera windows but they just look a little weird to me. I am 15 so what do you expect?

-
Back