Can you tell me what bolt pattern I have? 1972 valiant 4 door

-

Mathias Siler

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 72 valiant 4 door with the 318 v8 in it. I have a few ideas of where I want to go with this next to nothing needing to be done project but I can’t ever find good info on my bolt pattern. Please anyone!!

BDB0EEED-54D1-4E68-B831-2E7152097C0A.jpeg

193D6EA0-4475-4C6D-8C8F-5C6F089D4A55.jpeg

E9DECB24-FB25-4F04-B15D-C94C77E06751.jpeg

if it's all original it's 4" but you should use the info above to verify, nice looking car BTW

Last edited:
Nice looking car! Be great car for an old person to retire with...some bigger tires in the back and 350-400hp under the hood. With hub caps of course.
And I meant me old person...love the color!

Nice looking car! Be great car for an old person to retire with...some bigger tires in the back and 350-400hp under the hood. With hub caps of course.
And I meant me old person...love the color!

I want to go bigger tires all around! But thank you sir for the kind words!

I want to go bigger tires all around! But thank you sir for the kind words!

in order to go bigger tires, you should be on the lookout for the factory 5.5” width. They allow you to run up to (and beyond) the “recommended” 215mm width tires. I’ve seen up to 245’s mounted in them, although that’s a little to bulgy in the sidewall dept. factory small bolt rallyes are all 5.5” width, and there is a factory steel rim available in 5.5” as well. You could also get aftermarket wheels in wider widths, but at a greater expense.

Thank you man, I’m not too knowledgeable upon these things but a straightforward answer is very much appreciated
A streight answer is nice. But you are asking people to make a $600 to $1000 answer based on a photo. Get out your tape measure and measure as the diagram shows.

Rather then being "not too knoledgable'" start gaining knowledge by doing things yourself and then ask is this correct.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant (it kind of is) but post #2 is the most correct answer... MEASURE!

A streight answer is nice. But you are asking people to make a $600 to $1000 answer based on a photo. Get out your tape measure and measure as the diagram shows.

Rather then being "not too knoledgable'" start gaining knowledge by doing things yourself and then ask is this correct.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant (it kind of is) but post #2 is the most correct answer... MEASURE!

You are correct but I’m out of town for my job for the next week or so and I’m trying to gather as much info as I can! As soon as I get home I’ll be checking everything

-
Back