Canadian shipping

-

busboy

Reaction score
I need a set of Dougs headers. I would like to order from Summit, use the discount coupon, and get them dropped at the door. The Summit guy didn't know if they had any sort of deal/exemption with the border. I don't wanna get stung with a broker fee. Any Canuks ordered from Summit? Is there any kind of hit?

if you can get summit to ship them USPS you will get a maximum of $5 brokerage fees. Shipping will take longer though.

I know you guys get hit really hard with those brokerage fees when UPS is used and not too bad when it's the USPS. How about FedEx? High fees?

Anytime I use UPS from the states,I get a broker fee when it arrives at the door(usually prepared to pay)When using USPS,it,s usually dropped at the door or picked up at the Post office(no fee).I haven,t had one bad deal through this site,getting parts from the states.Happy ordering!!

Anytime I use UPS from the states,I get a broker fee when it arrives at the door(usually prepared to pay)When using USPS,it,s usually dropped at the door or picked up at the Post office(no fee).I haven,t had one bad deal through this site,getting parts from the states.Happy ordering!!

Me too Ive ordered from Summit USPS....no problems , easy to deal with

Even DHL isnt as bad as UPS Broker fees... It really surprises me that UPS actually stays in business cuz their business with the outragous Brokerage fees SUX

I didn't think Summit did free shipping to canada.

I bought exhaust from summit and shipped it to a place in the USA. then I drove down to pick it up.

If it was going to get shipped to the door, it wasn't going to be free.

Phil

i just shipped a guy in canada a pair of rocker moldings,,long package,, he wanted then shipped via the post office for the same reason,,shipped them on the 6th he got them on the 20th..

I've ordered lots of stuff from the US and like others have said try and have it sent USPS international priority so there is tracking. If you do there are no brokerage fees, just GST and prov. tax if applicable. UPS sucks and will charge you $30-40 brokerage fees on top of the taxes and some other fees just for the hell of it even if it's a $10 item, plus they lose stuff. I'm still waiting for a $500.00 claim for 2 of my Porsche wheels they lost a year ago.
Go for it, Kev

UPS sucks,,period,,tons of damage claims,,there supervisors push the emplyees to the limit,,not a nice place to work,,

-
Back