Candy Cane delete

-

timbolia

65Wagon
Reaction score
Are there any picks of this? I did see one 65 Dart 270 convertible in the gallery but he says he is reinstalling all the trim. If anyone has done this please post pics and details.

Attachments

• i7845.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 280
I guess I lucked out in getting a car with good condition candy canes.

Most definitely! You got a real find with that car. Enjoy it.
Laysons wants $400 for a pair, I am not sure if that even includes the hood molding. That's almost half what I paid for the registered running wagon.

Damn that is expensive. I thought getting my seats reupholstered was gonna be expensive, that candy cane price is seriously nuts.

In the $400 price for the candy canes no hood moulding is include. Before tey had that reproduced but I'm not sure why they quit!

Here in Sweden a set candy canes runs $250 for the set. Then you still have to restore them in some way!

But I agree,they are expensive! But they sure look nice when they are on the car.

This is the way I got my Dart. Dings, bubbles, and minor cancers are going to be taken care of and the whole car clear coated. I have a set of Candy Canes but a couple pieces are mangled a bit so if I can bring them back I will decide then on re-install.

Attachments

• jsw_img_2035.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 197
Here are what mine look like. The PO literally screwed them (with sheet metal screws, if you look close at the top of each side you can see them)

Attachments

• DartFront-SM.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 154
-
Back