Can't find numbers on Carb

-

pha pha

Reaction score
I want to rebuild the carb that came with my super six upgrade, but can't find any numbers on it. Of that translates to parts guys that can;'t help me with a rebuild kit. I want to have in hand today and not order online.
I think I have narrowed it down.

It is this carb in this link.

http://www.carburetor.ca/carbs/kits/CK372.htm

My question how do I select the right carb number?

The Carter carbs had their number on an aluminum tag held on by one of the bowl screws. This tag is easy to break off, and is often left off during a bench rebuild, and is always left off in an abusive factory "remanufacturing" process. You don't need the specific carb number (though if you want one, and the carb you're working on is indeed as shown in the pic, you can use Carter number 8177 to receive the correct parts); you just need to make sure you get a quality carburetor kit. They are not all the same. When I need a good mass-market kit, I find and get a Walker brand kit. In your case, the kit number is 151068. If I need a seriously complete kit with jets and other stuff not included in mass-market kits, I get it from www.thecarburetorshop.com .

Be sure to check the throttle shaft to make sure it isn't wiggling in wallowed-out holes in the throttle body. If it is, you'll want to have it rebushed. Also note that carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download.

-
Back