Can't find upper radiator hose for 67-68 383 or 340 with 22" radiator

-

Jim 68cuda

Reaction score
This search started for my 67 383 Belvedere wagon, but the question applies for my 68 318 and 340 Barracudas too.
I also posted this in the ForBbodiesonly forum.
Looks like the only upper hose anyone has, for a B body big block, is for the 26" radiator. Got one from Rock Auto and it not gonna work. That one has the inlet on the passenger side of the radiator. In 67-68, the 22" radiator had the inlet on the drivers side. I then figured I would ask my local parts store for an upper hose for a 383 in an A body as the 22" radiator would have been the only option. The result was suggesting a flex hose. Figured I would try for the hose for a 68 340 A body as those would have the 22" radiator and the thermostat housing is in about the same place on both big block and small block. Same results, a flex hose. Same results for a A or B body 318. Anyone know if any molded upper hoses will work?

Last edited:
1968 Barracuda 318 radiator hoses at Rockauto .com

Screenshot_20240829-124406_Gallery.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Ebay Gates 20594 upper w/o AC.

Screenshot_20240829-124956_Firefox.jpg

Ebay: Gates 20602 upper with AC.

Screenshot_20240829-125659_Gallery.jpg

Can try your local Napa with these Gates numbers too.

☆☆☆☆☆

I got a couple of 69 A body 340 ones just weeks ago at the mopar nationals. Got em from Bill Rolick. I believe his business name is Halifax shops or something similar. He definitely is not just a member here but a sponsor. I got upper and lower rad hoses. Both A/C and none A/C.

I need to stop trying to use my memory as it's not that good anymore. Anyway Bill Rollick is correct and his business is Bill Rolick enterprise ? I apologize for any confusion.

The factory parts book has the original numbers, look those up at the Gates site and get the Gates number.

Alan

I need to stop trying to use my memory as it's not that good anymore. Anyway Bill Rollick is correct and his business is Bill Rolick enterprise ? I apologize for any confusion.
I gonna stop after this cause I'm losing it. It's Bill Rolik enterprises. Text or phone 201 394 5533. And he's not on this site. Moderators excuse me if I've broken any rules but I'm old and just trying to help.

Thanks for all the input. On ForBbodiesOnly, someone said "Gates 21794" for my 383 with the 22" radiator. Said I may only find it on Amazon. For the 340 and 318 looks like the "Gates 20594" is the correct hose. Guess I'll be ordering both so I'll have them on hand.

-
Back