Can't get transmission high enough do to 3-4 rod

-

74 360 dart sport

Reaction score
20200614_123014.jpg
20200614_123017.jpg
20200614_123048.jpg
I just put a rebuilt motor and a A833 transmission the 3-4 rod hits the bottom of the tunnel so I cant get the transmission hi enough to put the crossmember in this is a 1974 dodge dart sport 360 it had a 3sp manual trans from factory what is causing this o I had put the shift mechanism and shift linkages on before installing motor and transmission as 1

Last edited:
I just put a rebuilt motor and a A833 transmission the 3-4 rod hits the bottom of the tunnel so I cant get the transmission hi enough to put the crossmember in this is a 1974 dodge dart sport 360 it had a 3sp manual trans from factory what is causing this o I had put the shift mechanism and shift linkages on before installing motor and transmission as 1
Hello 74 360 dart sport,
I think the rod's go through the body brace and the tunnel. Remove the shifter rod's from the trans and shifter then jack up the trans then you can re-install the rod's. Only Reverse goes under.
Hope this helps.
Stay Safe....
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.
3 4 Rod 1.jpg

Hello 74 360 dart sport,
I think the rod's go through the body brace and the tunnel. Remove the shifter rod's from the trans and shifter then jack up the trans then you can re-install the rod's. Only Reverse goes under.
Hope this helps.
Stay Safe....
Arron.
View attachment 1715545637
Thank you very much I will take them off and route the 2 through there I use to be good at these mopars I use to have a lot of the cudas challenger charger and a roadrunner but then life happened and now I am able to tinker again after your post and Rose's post my memory remembered thanks very much

Thank you very much I will take them off and route the 2 through there I use to be good at these mopars I use to have a lot of the cudas challenger charger and a roadrunner but then life happened and now I am able to tinker again after your post and Rose's post my memory remembered thanks very much

Yep, the forward gear shift rods go through that tunnel.

Hello 74 360 dart sport,
Post some pictures of your ride when you get a moment.
By the looks of the trans / shifter you are putting some of an emphasis on detail.
Looks great.
Keep us updated.
Stay Safe......
Arron.

Hello 74 360 dart sport,
Post some pictures of your ride when you get a moment.
By the looks of the trans / shifter you are putting some of an emphasis on detail.
Looks great.
Keep us updated.
Stay Safe......
Arron.
Will do thanks it is all connected and ready to get the tti headers on

Will do thanks it is all connected and ready to get the tti headers on

Hello 74 360 dart sport,
There are a lot of threads both good and bad on the subject of header form and fit.
If possible after you get them installed can you give a short review of the product and your experience installing the TTI headers.
This helps fellow FABO members selecting products / services for there projects.
Hope all goes well.
Stay Safe......
Arron.

Hello 74 360 dart sport,
There are a lot of threads both good and bad on the subject of header form and fit.
If possible after you get them installed can you give a short review of the product and your experience installing the TTI headers.
This helps fellow FABO members selecting products / services for there projects.
Hope all goes well.
Stay Safe......
Happy
Hello 74 360 dart sport,
Hope all goes well.
Stay Safe......
Arron.
I sure will do that

-
Back