Can't have a Mopar?

-
I don't know what this is, but I like it.

chebie1.jpg

chebie2.jpg

chebie3.jpg

My Choise is a 64 Chevelle SS. A Friend had one in the Past and it was a really nice Car!

Chevelle.jpg

64chevelle1.jpg

64chevelle2.jpg

100_0144.jpg

more i like the Station Wagon!!!

19406716.006lo.jpg

wheelsup.jpg

8)8)

I'm partial to wagons, call it my old age but here's one my friend in Ohio owns, a 1960 Olsmobile Super 88 Fiesta Wagon with a stock 394 under the hood. He has won a trophy in every car show he has entered.

60 Super 88 side.jpg

60 Super 88 rear.jpg

That olds wagon is cool. I love the 55 nomad as well.

64 or 65 fairlane 2 totally different cars but like them both, 65 comet, or an early falcon. 62-65 chevy2 2 dr hardtop or sedan or 4 dr wagon. actually i wouldnt even go as far as not having a mopar, more like not having an a-body. im not really a fan of any of the other mopars. they are cool but there are a lot of other much cooler cars out there.

well... the only one i could think of is a 70 judge... theyre ok, but they is not no mopar

I've been a Mopar guy forever... But, the only way to go is a Corvette... I have a red 86 Vette that's 350 heavily modified, but they are a PINTA to work on electronics wise and access to parts wise, but they go fast like a MOPAR...

RESULTS AFTER 84 POSTS

1)Ford Mustangs mostly Boss 429 or 428 SCJ

2)Chev Camero
AMC Rebal Machine
Chevell SS

3)Olds 442

4)Ford Fairlane, comet, cyclone
Chev Corvette

5)AMC Scrambler
AMC Javelin
Buick GSX
Pontiac GTO

I'm surprised and stand corrected. The Camero's and Mustangs did better than I thought. Way more AMC products than I would have guessed as well. The poor old GTO tied for fifth. Personally I'd take a tri power GTO over any Camero or Mustang. Oh well you guys crushed my hypothesis. Thankfully we can own Mopars.

GM and Ford cars, no matter what they are, don't really give me the same thrill as Mopars, so it would be tough to pic one. I will say that I would, however, like to have a pre-'98 Porsche 911 (my friend's dad has one, pretty nice car), an old Datsun 240 or 280Z, or an old Duesenberg (don't know what model, don't have much knowledge of them). A really old pre-20's car would be neat too.

No Euro/Asian-trash (or as Xcptshnl1 says rice rocket with fart pipe), Nothing post 1970, nothing Ford, I'd have to go with my custom "Harley" motorcycles or just maybe a 55-57 Nomad or panel wagon with a big block (350's would be banned also, except for boat anchors), and any Willis, or off brand Gasser. Gotta love straight axels and fender well headers (steet legal of course). IMO.

HMMM, great topic.

There are very few Chevrolets i would choose from.

55-57's and a 58, a 70 Chevelle, and 70-72 Split bumpers would be my choices.

Worked for a Corvette place, some of them are bad @#$ cars, i drove a 68 Tri Power 4 speed, but other than a few of them, just not impressed.

65 Impala 2 dr hardtop for the bodystyle

As for the others.

66-73 Riviera's

67-71 Buick GS's, GSX

68-71 442

65-70 GTO

68-72 Grand Prix

68-70 Mustang Fastback

71-73 Mustang Fastback

62-65 Falcon

63 galaxy

69-72 Torinos

69-74 Cougar

66 Thunderbird

67-71 Thunderbird Hey I am a big car guy too

59 Cadillac

56 Cadillac

70 Eldorado and its brother the Toronado's

AMC's AMX and SST's Never been in one actually, but the styling rocks

Here is a hypothetical question that may get me lynched around here. If you COULD NOT have a Mopar and had to choose another lessor muscle car what would you have? I'm asking because I think most Mopar loyalists like them because they are not Camaros or Mustangs. Mopars are not only awesome but not as common. Camaro's and Mustangs are like rectums, everyone has one and I'm betting they will not be a popular response. I will always stick with Mopar but if I had to, here are my choices for Generous Motors and Ford. 66 Nova SS or a 65 Cyclone.

RESULTS AFTER 84 POSTS

1)Ford Mustangs mostly Boss 429 or 428 SCJ

2)Chev Camero
AMC Rebal Machine
Chevell SS

3)Olds 442

4)Ford Fairlane, comet, cyclone
Chev Corvette

5)AMC Scrambler
AMC Javelin
Buick GSX
Pontiac GTO

I'm surprised and stand corrected. The Camero's and Mustangs did better than I thought. Way more AMC products than I would have guessed as well. The poor old GTO tied for fifth. Personally I'd take a tri power GTO over any Camero or Mustang. Oh well you guys crushed my hypothesis. Thankfully we can own Mopars.

I stand by the slogan; Mopar or No Car!

if i had to choose,1964 ford thunderbolt 427.
2nd.65 2plus2 mustang.
3rd.67 buick gs 340.
4th.good old mule.

-
Back