Captainkirk's Duster project

-
LOL! Sounds like you're off to a good start yourself! Whaddya need me for?:hello2:

Well Cap`n you're the man, you gotta way w/words - I ain't even a dabbler - more of a babbler.

I'll be patient and wait for you to get back on the Duke - it'll be well worth the wait once you get back at it.

We'll vote on it. How many are up for a story?
I've picked a number (of votes) in my head. Ring the bell with the minimum number of YES votes and I'll do it.

YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,YES, YES,

Was I close?=P~

If my math is right, I'm counting seven Yeses. I'm feelin' the pressure now, guys.....
But to make this interesting, I need to do a deadline. I need at least the correct number of yes votes by, oh, say......Noon on Saturday. Not to exceed the number by more than 10 votes. This could be fun! Like playing Blackjack, almost!:cheers:
BTW; I think I already wrote the first chapter (in thought) already.
Hit me!

Bring it on Cap'n! Send us a new story, and then go out there and give The Duke a little love. ;D

Could be we have ten. That's not the number I was thinking of, however.
But it's close!

Captain Im out of material for now but I will always tune in to catch one of your stories so I vote yes
Andrew

Capt, we have eleven willing to step up and beg, I guess the other 31,000 views to this thread consist of lurkers LOL.

C'mon.............Puhleeeeze!

Actually, the Magic Number was 21 (like in Blackjack, get it?) But thirteen is a darn good number, and when you all resort to begging and pleading...(OK, truth be known, I already wrote the first chapter, damn you!)
Where shall I put it? In this thread? Or someplace else?:munky2:

Actually, the Magic Number was 21 (like in Blackjack, get it?) But thirteen is a darn good number, and when you all resort to begging and pleading...(OK, truth be known, I already wrote the first chapter, damn you!)
Where shall I put it? In this thread? Or someplace else?:munky2:

I don't care where it is as long as I get the enjoyment of reading it!

well capt
i must say what a long strange trip its been i started reading your journey yesterday around 3pm would have finished it last night to but my son 4yr old got bit by his cuda around 7pm and had to take him to the hospital for a staple in the back of his head.....ouch!!!! well let me explain my sister bought my son a johnny lightning dicast 1;24 scale 70 cuda for christmas and i guess he wanted to show his other gear buddies in training the righteous path to go instead of brand x and what nots so he brought it to show and tell for pre-k yesterday then when he got home he left it in his book bag on the chair in the living room im guessing when he tossed it there somehow the hood came open and it stayed up everything was going good he was playing contently and i was imagining myself riding shotgun in the minx as you let her scream pass the trailer park [ i wiped my feet thourghly before getting in though ] WHAAAAAAA back to reality i ran over too him to see what the ruckess was and he said he hit his book bag with his head well i thought okay ill rub your head and your okay and get back to the minx and those beers we went to get well i got as far as rubbing his head then seeing my head covered in blood thought crap what the you know what before he knew it we were in the kitchen with a wash cloth to see what was going on upon further inspection there was a nice gash bleeding was undercontrol and so was the screaming thank you lord well buddy we gotta go to the hospital grabbed the wet wash cloth and away in lightning mcqueen we went [ red 2001 stratus R/T ] while in route i informed of what they would do so he wouldnt be in hysterics went rather smoothly ecept for the staple part then there was the cat scan results waiting,..............waiting ,...... oh yeah did i mention the waiting come to find out there machine messed up and wouldnt transfer the info to the computer instead of having a nurse come in and let us know we were givin the mushroom treatment while waiting for the results i couldnt help thinking about that naughty minx and that 12 pack well around midnight the doc said everything looked fine and come back in ten days to get it out by the time we got home it was 1am so much for those beers im hittin the sack hope we had a cooler well today came and after i helped him and mom get ready for there sleepover b-day party i decided to get back to them brewskiees and the capt you know to finish the ride ........omg!!!!! i had a tear R.I.P minx and then enter the Duke you made him much more appealling to me thank you my dad always had him on mornin,noon and night even in his sleep everytime i tried to shut off the vcr or change the channel he'd wake up and say he was watching that he always knew how far into the movie no matter how many logs he was cutting up well i finished reading and im current on all your posts i thought i'd never say it but i want more DUKE or as my late dad would say i was watchin that!!!!
thanks Capt for the memories
i also had to go for a ride in the Hulk he kinda interduced himself [see my thread under restorations ] after all this time and not speaking how rude lol
Terry

well capt
i must say what a long strange trip its been i started reading your journey yesterday around 3pm would have finished it last night to but my son 4yr old got bit by his cuda around 7pm and had to take him to the hospital for a staple in the back of his head.....ouch!!!! well let me explain my sister bought my son a johnny lightning dicast 1;24 scale 70 cuda for christmas and i guess he wanted to show his other gear buddies in training the righteous path to go instead of brand x and what nots so he brought it to show and tell for pre-k yesterday then when he got home he left it in his book bag on the chair in the living room im guessing when he tossed it there somehow the hood came open and it stayed up everything was going good he was playing contently and i was imagining myself riding shotgun in the minx as you let her scream pass the trailer park [ i wiped my feet thourghly before getting in though ] WHAAAAAAA back to reality i ran over too him to see what the ruckess was and he said he hit his book bag with his head well i thought okay ill rub your head and your okay and get back to the minx and those beers we went to get well i got as far as rubbing his head then seeing my head covered in blood thought crap what the you know what before he knew it we were in the kitchen with a wash cloth to see what was going on upon further inspection there was a nice gash bleeding was undercontrol and so was the screaming thank you lord well buddy we gotta go to the hospital grabbed the wet wash cloth and away in lightning mcqueen we went [ red 2001 stratus R/T ] while in route i informed of what they would do so he wouldnt be in hysterics went rather smoothly ecept for the staple part then there was the cat scan results waiting,..............waiting ,...... oh yeah did i mention the waiting come to find out there machine messed up and wouldnt transfer the info to the computer instead of having a nurse come in and let us know we were givin the mushroom treatment while waiting for the results i couldnt help thinking about that naughty minx and that 12 pack well around midnight the doc said everything looked fine and come back in ten days to get it out by the time we got home it was 1am so much for those beers im hittin the sack hope we had a cooler well today came and after i helped him and mom get ready for there sleepover b-day party i decided to get back to them brewskiees and the capt you know to finish the ride ........omg!!!!! i had a tear R.I.P minx and then enter the Duke you made him much more appealling to me thank you my dad always had him on mornin,noon and night even in his sleep everytime i tried to shut off the vcr or change the channel he'd wake up and say he was watching that he always knew how far into the movie no matter how many logs he was cutting up well i finished reading and im current on all your posts i thought i'd never say it but i want more DUKE or as my late dad would say i was watchin that!!!!
thanks Capt for the memories
i also had to go for a ride in the Hulk he kinda interduced himself [see my thread under restorations ] after all this time and not speaking how rude lol
Terry

LOL! "I was watchin' that"....my Dad used to say the same thing! I remember staying up with him to watch the Late, Late Show one night...Red River, it was; John Wayne, Montgomery Clift, Walter Brennan...I was mesemerized! Couldn't shut it off, even though I had to work the next day.....the movie ended about 3:20 A.M., but man, was it ever worth it!
Sorry to hear about your boy....hope he's OK. That will be a "battle scar" for braggin' rights later on. (He can say "I got this from smackin' my head on the hood of my 'cuda"). Thanks for reading! As always, I'm honored to share my story with all of you!

For all those of you waiting for me to post the new story, there IS a problem.....
I had the first two chapters done several weeks ago.

Problem is, I'm not happy with them.

There's an old saying; "truth is stranger than fiction".
In this case, it's truth is BETTER than fiction!
Try as I might, the novella I'm working on (to me) lacks the ring of authenticity.
A Tale of Two Dusters reads so well because that's exactly how it happened.
The ring of truth is built-in.
Bear with me; I don't want to just spew out a bunch of crap pulp fiction if it's not going to entertain.

CaptainKirk, I must say, with out the shadow of a doubt, that was the GREATEST story I have ever read!:read2::read2:

Your writing style is impeccable. I have read a couple of Stephen King books, mainly the car themed ones (Christine, From a Buick 8, etc.), and I believe you are on par with the master of horror on all levels!8)

I spent my whole weekend and today reading all 25 pages on this thread, and I was captivated from post 1. It was a story that I think should be published for all to enjoy.

I write for my high schools paper, mainly about new and old cars. But,your writing is AMAZING! 'Nuff said.

It is inspiring, especially, at least in my case, with the small engines. I have a rusty, crusty Craftsman II with a B&S 12hp Industrial engine. The thing has been beat its whole life around the farm, and I have recently started a cleanup and conversion to a hobby Racing Mower. Hopefully, a rebuild kit and manual will come this summer, and the engine will be overhauled.:-D

I think this story is something to look to when one needs to be inspired to start a project, or to restart one. Now, I just need that one screw, and a car to take it off of.:toothy8:

Thanks for the kind words!
Never underestimate the power of a Briggs & Stratton...and the lifelong spell that may be cast upon you!
I'd like to think I share a few qualities with the likes of S.King....but me, I'm just a wrench-turner with a decent grasp of the English language.
I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It was as much fun writing the memories as it was to live it in the first place.:toothy10:

-
Back