Car acts dead after it gets hot...

-
I haven’t run a NSS switch since about 2 days after I bought my first car. That would have been February 1980. You had to hold the clutch pedal down to make it start. I bypassed that government junk pronto. My car today is bypassed.

If you caint think to get the car in neutral to start it, or push in the clutch, or make sure you are in park you need to Uber your *** to where you want to go. And don’t use a pop up toaster.

EDIT: my last statement was a general one and not directed at the good dentist.

Check your messages, dork. And your replies. Do I have to do everything?

Winner winner chicken dinner! @scott mattingly was correct in telling me how to solve my problem... NSS is bad, so bypassing it allowed my car to start and continue starting after warming up.

I know I should fix it properly... but that will wait until after the move. I have a new VB waiting to go in as well, but want to do a new TC at the same time.

View attachment 1715743207
Is it bad or is the connector loose? Heck I've had the thee wire version (combined reverse light sw) so loose they fall off. LOL. Then its the fun of matching the correct connector to match the version of 3 wire switch. Always another puzzle to solve.

Is it bad or is the connector loose? Heck I've had the thee wire version (combined reverse light sw) so loose they fall off. LOL. Then its the fun of matching the correct connector to match the version of 3 wire switch. Always another puzzle to solve.

You know.. thats a great question. I wiggled the connection a couple times at one point when it wasn't starting and I still didn't get the car to start so my guess is now the NSS. but it could still be a shitty connection there as well.

She is going to look pretty in the good ol Missouri Green!

20210527_122510.jpg

Dental Dart,
Glad my suggestion worked! I personally struggled with this condition for over a year & got stuck a few times waiting for 15 + mins for everything to "cool off" enough that my car would start to crank again slowly(after ~30 mins it would start "normal"). I SHOULD also finish troubleshooting the cause/replacing the switch but am just enjoying driving it for now. Good Luck.
-Scott M.

Dental Dart,
Glad my suggestion worked! I personally struggled with this condition for over a year & got stuck a few times waiting for 15 + mins for everything to "cool off" enough that my car would start to crank again slowly(after ~30 mins it would start "normal"). I SHOULD also finish troubleshooting the cause/replacing the switch but am just enjoying driving it for now. Good Luck.
-Scott M.

I have another NSS on my spare transmission, but am definitely not fixing it all right now. To busy with the move and getting contract squared away. Your fix was good enough to get donuts on Sunday and that's all that really matters to the kids!

-
Back