Car **** Alert!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
In another thread I mentioned I had some welding done and there were some toys in the shop. He we go....

Aside from not seeing an actual Vega in years (they all disintergrated 20 years ago up here....) this was a sweetie. 383 SBC/4-spd. combo. Very nicely done, not a hack-job.
Cuda_Capers_32710002-vi.jpg

Then there was the Super Duty clone outside.... 421/4-spd. car
Cuda_Capers_32710004-vi.jpg

Then there was the Mercury Cyclone with the 4.6ltr injected engine with a coil over sub-frame clip.....
Cuda_Capers_32710010-vi.jpg

Next store in an auto upholsterer. He had a pair in his lot too....

Here's a nice Ventura (I think it's a `63 ) with the rare 8 lugs factory mags. The street slicks and roll bar are neat touches....
Cuda_Capers_32710005-vi.jpg

ANOTHER 4-spd. car.... and a bench to boot!
Cuda_Capers_32710006-vi.jpg

Speaking of hack-jobs.....

There was this poor `62 Jaguar that had it's roof removed and replaced with what appears to be a canopy from a Sea Ray screwed on it.
Cuda_Capers_32710007-vi.jpg

How was the workmanship on the convertible "conversion" you ask? An Eastern block Trabant is engineered like a Mercedes Benz SLK by comparison....
Cuda_Capers_32710009-vi.jpg

Aside from the plexiglas rear windows, it is right hand drive, which earns it some "cool points". Especially with the top down. I just wouldn't want to hit a classic NYC pothole with it.

Then there was the high 8 sec. Camaro hiding in the back of the shop....
Cuda_Capers_32710003-vi.jpg

Twin turbos are on order. He's looking for the 7's......

Then we went to a car show at Belmont Park on our way home!

Spotted this parked across from me when I pulled in. This was a nice, clean survivor from what I can tell that had a mini-tub & spring job done. He was running 295-50-15" out back....
Cuda_Capers_32710023-vi.jpg

Cuda_Capers_32710025-vi.jpg

A Black on Black `68 Hemi Road Runner is always a welcome sight.
Cuda_Capers_32710020-vi.jpg

Cool plates....
Cuda_Capers_32710022-vi.jpg

To be totally honest with everyone, I have no idea why this guy was walking the swap meet carrying a shotgun. Although seeing him talking to the guy drinking a beer at 11:30 am was an interesting composition for a nice still-life shot of my town. This is where the old slogan "I LOVE NEW YORK" comes from.
Cuda_Capers_32710029-vi.jpg

Then the day had to end as I have plans with the Wife for tonight.... So I tucked away my Mistress and Tom bid a smokey Good Bye...
Cuda_Capers_32710030-vi.jpg

Nice Vega, saw one today, same body style, on the way into work It had barely a stripe of black straight down the middle, giving the illusion of huge racing stripes, it had a huge blower too, but it had been super-tubbed in the back. It had 32"s in the rear and the bicycle tires in the front. Looked really dumb, a waste of a Vega in my opinion.

Btw, all beautiful cars

Somebody say hack-job Vega?
75vegakammbackCIA.jpg
This junkyard is the only place I've seen a Vega (they have two) since I was a little kid.

I love those Cyclones.. but the scoop is way too much.

75vegakammbackCIA.jpg

that scamp is very very cool love the stance . had v-8 vega in high school 64 327 solid cam 4 speed 12 bolt 373 twisted the body so bad the doors wouldnt close . dumb kids you know!
mike [email protected]

:burnout:Tom knows how to say good by folks =P~
Thank you for sharing Keith
Treva and I went to a swap meet and see a man carrying a par of old 3030 side eject riffles:-D
Thank you for the car **** :cheers: Did you get your frame connectors welded in 8)

:burnout:Tom knows how to say good by folks =P~
Thank you for sharing Keith
Treva and I went to a swap meet and see a man carrying a par of old 3030 side eject riffles:-D
Thank you for the car **** :cheers: Did you get your frame connectors welded in 8)

Who's Keith? I don't post too often anymore and you forgot who I am? :-D

Yes, I got the connectors welded in. There's a thread with pictures in the Members Restoration section under Cuda Capers 3-27-10

Cuda_Capers_32710017-vi.jpg

Oop's Again John #-o Keith is 66340SEDAN 8) I hope I got that right :pale: Glad you got the frame connectors welded in FASTBACK
They look great, I sure can be a dumb forgetful terd some times!!

Oop's Again John #-o Keith is 66340SEDAN 8) I hope I got that right :pale: Glad you got the frame connectors welded in FASTBACK
They look great, I sure can be a dumb forgetful terd some times!!

Mike, fortunately you have 15,000 friends here to keep track of. I'm not insulted.... just teasing you. And I do admire your eagerness to be a good friend to all. Forgiven Buddy, thank you!

I found some more **** from Belmont Park.....

Here's a pair of Booger Green Mopars....

Cuda_Capers_32710026-vi.jpg

Here's a `69 Charger. This and the `68 are my all time favorite B-Body.

Here's a NICE Demon. With the exception on trim rings and center caps this puppy was all there....
Cuda_Capers_32710027-vi.jpg

And here's Tom smoking off into the set set.... just before my neighbors came to my door with torches and pitchforks.

Cuda_Capers_32710031-vi.jpg

looks like the show was alot better saturday. i went sunday and the second i walked down the first row it started raining. really sucked i was looking forward to my first show of the year. guess theres always flowerfields. im hoping for some good weather that weekend.

-
Back