Car Carrier transport

-

wlecat

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience transporting vehicles.
Getting some pretty high prices to transport a #4-5 grade mopar 1100mi.
Any Ideas. Don't want to use up too much of my restoration budget on transport.

There is a site that you can input your info and shippers will bid on your job like Ebay. 1100 miles will not be cheap, in my experiances it is around $1 a mile for open tow.

Stay away from brokers as they will tell you anything,, then the driver gets there and refuses to load the car demanding more money.The one and only time I went through a broker the load was double the quote.Just sayin what happened to me. Check for a independent on Moparts under transportation. $1 a mile will be the least you will find.

What and where do you need transported?

I am going to Mopar Nat's and coming back to CT next week. I have trailer with winch.

If from west coast contact:
AZ transport 6612902809

I bought my Barracuda in November of last year and used Uship.com which has some type of relationship with eBay. I had a tough time lining up a transport until I suggested meeting him at a truck stop close to me. He hauled the car from just north of Providence RI to just east of Harrisburg PA for about $360.

I tried using uship.com. first few bids were $2300. it went down fast best price was $945. Sometimes it's all about timing, If they are running empty and are in your area.
Best of luck!

-
Back