Car Covers - Which one is best?

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new car cover for my car. My question is, What is the best quality cover? There are a lot of different covers on the market and I am looking for one that will not only cover my car properly but protect it over the winter. Any suggestions??

I've got one of the stormweave covers from California Car Cover on my duster. fit is great, and it keeps most the dust and dirt off of it. The cover soaks up rain and dries up quickly, there will still be a thin film of water on the paint if it's left outside though. Mine's been out in the California heat, wind and rain since February with no problems, save for my neighbor's ciggarette butt burning a hole in the center of the hood (cal car cover sent patch material for free). It's not cheap, mine was about $220, but it's worth the investment, and I'll order another one for my dad's Super Bee once that get's painted

I just use one of those but my car is in my 2,400 sq ft shop out here in CA so I really don't know if it's good in the weather.

I was asking this awhile back
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=117831&highlight=car+covers

theres a nice chart of cover craft covers in there.

i went with the evolution cover by cover craft, it is definitely a well built cover maybe over kill for my needs.

good: its fits very nice and doesnt budge much in wind (even high wind), offers 'ding protection'

bad: the #**((@thing is huge and unwieldy

I got mine as a gift and it was bought off ebay. Nice fitted cover with a soft inner lining and the outer layer is that cloth with all the dimples in it. Works well and helps keep the idoits from leaning on it. Damn Idiots!!!

I just bought a couple of car covers a month ago from two different outfits on E-bay. Both were $75.00 delivered and seem to be good quality (time will tell on that!) One was from CSC in the LA area and the other was from Car Armour? or some name like that. You'll see them on E-bay if you run a search. If they both hold up the same, I prefer the one from CSC as it has the quick disconnect cinch straps front and rear to keep the cover from blowing off or flapping in the wind. The Armour one just has some eyes that you use to tie a string to. Both fit my '66 Barracudas fairly well although it would be nice to have mirror pockets and a couple of bulges for the turn signal indicators on the fenders but nobody seems to have those short of getting a full custom cover at a megabucks price. I've had the Covercraft ones in the past and they are fine for a year or three before they fall apart. For the difference in price, I think these will be a better deal.....even if I have to replace them every year.

-
Back