Car Movie List

-
I don't know the name but it was a black and white film from the 50's-60's. Was about this young white punk who killed a cop who was chasing him and the cop pulled up next to him and the punk knock the cop car over and in to a telephone pole and killed the cop.

The punk refused to answer any questions and since the cop was dead-the eye witness-the police could not charge him.

The punk was still street racing all the time.

The movie ended with another cop knocking the punks car off the road and killing the punk.

(Death @ 120 mph) sounds like it could be it but not sure

Don't forget "DUEL" Steven Spielberg's first movie, With Dennis Weaver trying to outrun an insane murderous big rig driver, with his red 1970 valiant !
(It's out on DVD btw)

I picked that up on DVD. Cool to see a 4 door Valiant as a prominent vehicle in a movie!

check out the 79 movie - "fast company" starring knucle brawler William Smith abouth a drag racer named Lonnie "lucky man" johnson

its gotta cool scene about johnson stealing his funny car and driving it home on the street and racing the locals at the red light

This is a link to where I get my old car Movies: http://motorsportsvideo.com/
Alley, watching the dragster crash vids to the right and i remebered well watching the live qualifications or actual race with the NHRA and those top fuel cars and a racer had a piston shatter and rip the blower off and blow the engine block parts toward his head. And they have a sheild for that reason but it was crazy.

Not an old movie and the acting well....but it has cool cars Deuce of Spades.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMhYQy54YZY"]DEUCE OF SPADES - TEASER ONE - YouTube[/ame]

the one that jumped to me was the movie death proof theres a nice chager and nova and something else cant remember whole movie is a car chase! also old school with will farrell had a cool firebird or trans am.also detriot rock city.one of the new texas chainsaws they drive a old cool dodge flat front van

what about the camaro in better off dead with john cusack? and the viper, mustang, monte carlo in F&F 3 tokyo drift

Grand Prix doesn't seem to have been mentioned.:prayer:

Here is the list I have compiled so far:
Mannix
Black Cuda
Wraith
Highwaymen
The Mechanic
Turbo Interceptor
Duel
Bullitt
Smokey & the Bandit
American Graffiti
Two Lane Blacktop
Vanishing Point
Gumball Rally
Thunder Road
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
Hollywood Knights
Mad Max
Corvette Summer
Cannonball
White Lightining
Eat My Dust
Viva Las Vegas
Christine
Cobra
Moonrunners
Califronia Kid
Hot Rod Girl
The Driver
Used Cars
Hot Rods to H**l
Return to Macon County
Funny Car Summer
Hot Rod 79
Hooper
Dragstrip Girl
The Lively Set
The Choppers
Catch me if you can 1989
Bad Georgia Road
Born to Run
Fast Lane Fever
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974)
The Fast and the Furious (1955)
Heart Like a Wheel
More American Graffiti (2nd one)
Vanishing Point 2
Italian jobs 1 & 2
Ronan
Aloha Bobby and Rose
Outrage
Corky
Herbie the LoveBbug
Brewster McCloud

Always the Mopar man, but one that i remember and I don"t think it has been mention yet was the movie "McQ" with John Wayne. He was a Seattle cop and drove a 73 green Super duty Trans am. Great chase scenes in this movie. Younger guys may not remember this movie, but around 75 these super dutys were bad ***!! lot of great Plymouth cop cars in this one...

What was the Mel Gibson movie where him and another guy had a 69 Road Runner...He was a bad guy in the film. AHHH- i just remembered- PAYBACK!

The Van, the hip guy was in to Direct Connection and had a hot wife the nerd punk wanted to get, lol

Vans were in during the 70's.

Those punks knew what they were doing, water beds in back

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsV48ReyKoo"]The Van (1977) - YouTube[/ame]

Bobby blows all his college savings on a van and tries to get the girl of his dreams. It's a wild time with Bobby and his friends.

I have NOT seen these mentioned...

"Johnny Dark" - made in the early 50s with a lot of american fibergalss cars, sports cars and old Ferraris - a sorta goofy movie but the cars are really cool, too bad it is not available on DVd.

"Grand Prix" should be added

"Winning" should also be added

"Renedevous" (I guessed at the spelling)

"The Beast" - Eric Bana's documentary about his Falcon GT

I have been collecting car movie posters for about 20 years now and I have a pretty good collection. How about:
Red Line 7000
The Betsy
Moving Violations
DC Cab
Grand Theft Auto
Six Pack
The Road Warrior
White Lightning
The Last American Hero
Christine
Jump
Moonrunners
Eat My Dust
Driven
Mother Juggs and Speed
Car Wash
Cannon Ball
Van Nuyes Blvd
Bullit
Smokey Bites the Dust
Starsky and Hutch
Car Pool
and the list goes on and on.....
This is fun,
Martin
PS, Does anyone have any posters for sale?

King of the Mountain, Dennis hopper has a primered red 60s vette street races various guys on a mountain road

How about a Mopar (of sorts).
An early 70's movie "A Clockwork Orange" had Alex and the boys stealing a 1999 Durango I think it was...
C

-
Back