Car ramps/stands

-

Yote

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Recently made a set of four car stands with removable ramps. Being removable allows for more room for a creeper or such , once the car is on them.
Yote

Those are nice looking, I would not trust anything I welded to support a car over me, but I would trust yours....I have the Blitz 10K plastic jobs. They have lots of webbing internally and the rake is perfect for the minivan. They came with a little rubber puck under the lip that seems to stop them from sliding when you drive up on them.

Robust to say the least. I would run em!
Very nice.

Good idea, I like the removable ramp part, might consider a small maybe 1/2" piece of square tubing at the edge of the removable part.
I had a car roll down a set of ramps one time in a clutch change, it had been sitting there for a couple of days, but I heard the tires squeak, got my but out from under it about the time it rolled down.

Good idea, I like the removable ramp part, might consider a small maybe 1/2" piece of square tubing at the edge of the removable part.
I had a car roll down a set of ramps one time in a clutch change, it had been sitting there for a couple of days, but I heard the tires squeak, got my but out from under it about the time it rolled down.
I did the same on my home made ramps, welded a piece of 1 X 1 angle iron (with the corner sticking up) to keep the car from accidentally rolling backwards.
We don't want any FLAT FABO members!!!:(

treblig

View attachment 1715141382 Recently made a set of four car stands with removable ramps. Being removable allows for more room for a creeper or such , once the car is on them.
Yote

Those look GREAT!! How heavy are they and what kind of material did you use? Hard to "imagine" from the scale.

67Dart- base is 12"x20" - 1/8 x 1 1/2" angle
Top sides are heavy wall 1"x2" tube as are ramp sides
Ramps are 30" in length
Balance is mostly 1" square tube
Not sure of weight but separated in two pieces are very manageable.
Yote

Those are 100% better than I could ever make.......however, if I may, I have a suggestion. Of course, yours would be straight. LOL But the red lines indicate my suggestions. On both sides and each end. I think the reason is obvious once you look at it.

RAMPS.jpeg

Those are 100% better than I could ever make.......however, if I may, I have a suggestion. Of course, yours would be straight. LOL But the red lines indicate my suggestions. On both sides and each end. I think the reason is obvious once you look at it.

View attachment 1715141504
look closer , I don`t think the extras are needed. they have the angled braces in the center. I bought a pair of the plastic ones, and put a piece of 1/2 rubber under them, full length and width, that the front tires roll up on , before contacting the ramp. They would just slide on my garage floor w/o them.

look closer , I don`t think the extras are needed. they have the angled braces in the center. I bought a pair of the plastic ones, and put a piece of 1/2 rubber under them, full length and width, that the front tires roll up on , before contacting the ramp. They would just slide on my garage floor w/o them.

I saw those, but they are side to side, not fore and aft. If someone were to pull up and suddenly hit the brakes, they could collapse.

THANK YOU fellows for the suggestions. I do believe that I will incorporate some in to my design. I have rarely built anything that I have not modified at least a couple times. I built a rifle rest last month that has my fifth modification. If anyone is interested I can post a pic.
Yote

67 Dart 273--- your in box is full. So I'll post it here. You ask how heavy my car ramps were. I have no scales so as near as I can estimate from given weights for structural steel, the weight is.
Platform -- 21 pounds
Ramp ----- 18 pounds
For a total of 39-40 pounds, again , my best estimate .
Yote

My Dad died in front of me using ramps. Worse day of my life having to hold him as he took his last breath. Do yourself a favor and get a set of tire tie downs as used on car dollies. Nothing safer than good solid quality jack stands. In some cases you don't get a second chance. I never used those ramps again. They were made from RR ties. He used them since I was a young boy. The built in blocking didn't hold the car from rolling that day. He was changing the lever seal on a 727.

-
Back