car seat?

-

dusterbd13

Reaction score
id like to start having my daughter ride with me. shes 9 months old now, and still in a rear facing car seat. anyone see any problems using it in the front passengers side of my bench seat equipped duster? its still using the factury 2 piece shoulder/lap belt setup, so id only be running the lap belt portion.

part of me says that its ok, and part of me says "what the **** are you thinking?!?"

so, anyones opinion or experience?

I would personally use the seat in the rear due to the fact that the shoulder/lap belt setup on these vehicles probably would not hold a rear facing car seat tightly but the lap belts in the rear seat actually work very well in holding a child safety seat. My daughter and grand kids have all rode in my Duster and we have always belted them into the rear seat. In my opinion it is just safer. I believe that it is illegal in some states to belt any child in a rear facing car seat in the front,- no matter what vehicle you are driving.

Yea, a small child should always be in the back seat. My daughter is 2 1/2 and I have a Simpson racing child seat in my Valiant, it works great in the back seat and she just loves to go for rides. :love5:

cool. if ours fits properly in the bak, ill puit it there.

thanks fpor the replies.
its always a good idea for me to bounce things off of other people.

michael

-
Back