Car show disappointment??

-

Jonny H

Reaction score
Went to the Portland Roadster Show Saturday. Lots of great cars (I will post some picks later)

John D'Agostino, Darryl Starbird, George Barris and Gene Winfield were there signing autographs.
$5 for a 8X10 and $5 for the autograph. I feel like paying for an autograph takes the fun out of it for me

On the other hand there was a Ed Roth booth where I bought a quality T shirt for $19 and Trixie Roth (Eds wife) signed it for me for no cost. Talked with her and Eds son a bit, now that was the best part of the show for me.

If someone would pay for my signature I would sell it. On the other hand I don't really get the signature deal anyways, not my cup of tea I guess.

I guess that if you look at it as the price for an autograph would offset the travel expenses for these people who are there to see in person then $5.00 is not that bad for an autograph.

i for sure as hell aint gonna pay for someones autograph. yes, if its free, sign this picture, book, hat or whatever you want signed but god damn ya aint gotta charge me for the damn thing. 5 bucks? kiss my ***.

The unfortunate thing...these role models that we use to have are oldar and probably rely on charging for their signature to help make ends meet.

Went to the Portland Roadster Show Saturday. Lots of great cars (I will post some picks later)

John D'Agostino, Darryl Starbird, George Barris and Gene Winfield were there signing autographs.
$5 for a 8X10 and $5 for the autograph. I feel like paying for an autograph takes the fun out of it for me

On the other hand there was a Ed Roth booth where I bought a quality T shirt for $19 and Trixie Roth (Eds wife) signed it for me for no cost. Talked with her and Eds son a bit, now that was the best part of the show for me.

really i dont even bother with car shows anymore...

i can walk around once and take pics of 10 cars out of 200 (as pavilions was this year during Barret Jackson) and be done...

no fun in seeing 50 69 camaro's with small block chevies on them, kinda like pick your color...

-
Back