Car Show Do and Don'ts

-
How about number 11.

Don't show up an hour early to cruise night and put out 10 folding chairs to hold spots for your buddies who may or may not show up. I swear next time I'm gonna mow those chairs down and the A-hole who thinks it's OK to do it. :D

I DO get aggravated with STUPID judges that have NO concept what it takes to put together anything but a Mustang or ANY GM product. I have a PRISTINE 66 charger 426 hemi. NEVER gets ANYTHING in awards!! Route 66 in San Bernardino I DID get best 66 model car. I show all my cars together, side by side, 66 hemi charger, 68 440 dart GTS, 66 Dart GT, Now My hellcat. Hardly any interest in my cool cars. MT.

I DO get aggravated with STUPID judges that have NO concept what it takes to put together anything but a Mustang or ANY GM product. I have a PRISTINE 66 charger 426 hemi. NEVER gets ANYTHING in awards!! Route 66 in San Bernardino I DID get best 66 model car. I show all my cars together, side by side, 66 hemi charger, 68 440 dart GTS, 66 Dart GT, Now My hellcat. Hardly any interest in my cool cars. MT.

You ever go out to the spring or fall fling? The wife and I always have a good time. We don't go for awards but my old beat up Dart gets more looks then you would think. Even got a ribbon at the fall fling one time. There is also a few other all Mopar shows that are good in the area too.

I have been going to car shows since I was being carried around in my mothers womb and recently I have been turned off by them big time. This article had a lot to do with that. People take this stuff WAY to seriously and cry when things don't go their way or if someone else is a jerk. Car shows are meant to just be a place to relax and see cool cars. If you win a few trophies then it is a plus but a car show should never be seen as competitive in my opinion. Who cares if you show up late or leave early besides you? I show up when I want and I leave when I want and I do not expect judges or others to work around my timing.

If I want to park with all my friends then we all drive to the show together. If someone touches my car when they are looking at it then I am glad someone is interested in it and I clean it off when they leave. I do agree with sort of with the Burnout and drag racing rule but if you are leaving the show and have no cars around in a parking lot or street then smoke them off.

There should be two rules for car shows.
1. Don't be a jerk
2. Don't cry when things don't go your way

My two first rules are:
1 Don't park next to the porta shitter
2 Don't park next to the DJ speakers blasting the 50's music

Was just at a car show here in Knoxville this week end I agree with the don't touch rule however, when young kids show interest I always ask the parents if they would like a photo of the kids in the car. Parents love it and it gives the young one just that much more interest in the hobby. I do it several times a show. To me that is the hi point of the car show. That's my trophy. Try it s some time.

Don't have short exhaust with turn downs,driving on a dusty road where cars are parked. They will kill you.

I agree with the no exhibition of speed rules, but the show on time, leave on time **** is out the window.

I go to the annual Golden Super Cruise. Unorganized, come and go as you please, cruises.

Nobody judges your ride, because there are so many different cars in different conditions, from all over the world that show up that if you act like a tool, literally most of the crowd there will treat you like one. The bad ones weed themselves out, here.

There are no trophies. There are no good spots. There are no sponsors. Just people who love cars, because that's how we do things. You will see pristine cars at the *** end of the grocery store parking lot at the Super Cruise and jalopy hotrod Datsuns in the "prime" Sonic drive-in spots... Or maybe a Superbee next to a minivan full of happy kids and a mom who love to come see, but can't afford or build.

I will take my Super Cruise any day, over any organized, judged show, but I will add 1 rule to the list

#11: Thou shalt not ask me to take Amy's picture with thy car. Ask her, and if thou art turneth down, respect thy wishes.

Girls, especially ones who are into pin-up culture are usually ok with some model shots, if you're not a complete shoe-gazer and creep, but not around the clock. Its not a convention, where people constantly pose for photographs in costume.

I'm not saying that you should be a hermit. I've met some of my best friends at gas stations and in parking lots, but my advice is that if you are into subculture photography, automotive or otherwise, be a true journalist and be friendly. Don't just treat it like a business transaction and above all, again, don't ask the boyfriend/ husband, unless you want their picture instead.

We do cruzin grand here every summer. looking forward it it this year in my newly finished 66 Dart GT. Not that it is finished!! LOL

Dont take the jumper box out of my backseat cause your car wouldnt start and you knew that I had stepped away from my car and wasnt watching it

Completely agree with Dave Bonds Golden is a blast no attitudes just car people enjoying all the cars and event.

Was just at a car show here in Knoxville this week end I agree with the don't touch rule however, when young kids show interest I always ask the parents if they would like a photo of the kids in the car. Parents love it and it gives the young one just that much more interest in the hobby. I do it several times a show. To me that is the hi point of the car show. That's my trophy. Try it s some time.

+1

At the last summer's cruise event here I had a little boy walk up to me and asked if he could sit in the Duster, his parents heard him and started to tell him that people with cars like these probably wouldn't like that, I got up from my chair and opened the drivers door and said "sure, hop on in", all I asked him was to not push on the pedals or move the shifter, he sat there grabbed the steering wheel, looked straight ahead and made motor noises like he was driving the car. Made me grin from ear to ear watching him, he got back out after a few minutes and thanked me with a big smile. Actually made my day.

I agree I like cruise ins better. Much more casual and actual drivers only usually. We have a big cruise in every week in cincinnati that usually gets 200 cars every Friday. Plus it's on my way to the race track :)

If you don't like car shows then so be it. I don't care where my car is parked. I don't want anyone touching it. I like car shows and go to them quite often. They are mostly for charity and maybe you get a little something for the hard work you put into it. My Camaro always won. This one is yet to be seen.

I just pull in, put a sign on the window "For Display Only"

Pull out my chair and have fun the rest of the event talking
to other car peeps.

Great fun.

I really laughed at this line....just awesome.

"Feel like you were overlooked or mis-judged? Don’t cause a scene during the awards ceremony......Kanye."

We do cruzin grand here every summer. looking forward it it this year in my newly finished 66 Dart GT. Not that it is finished!! LOL

Right on. Been down there a time or two. Good times. Need to get back on my projects again and get them back on the road.

-
Back