Car show proposal

-

skep419

5.9 Magnum 4 speed afficionado
Reaction score
A spot at the show set aside for people that don't want to register but still want to show their car. Show up whenever you want, leave whenever you want.
I have family/friends that don't go because they either don't have the time or can't sit in the sun for that long.

That is exactly why I prefer cruise ins. Show up when you want, shoot the bull with the guys and gals and then leave and go ride around some more. I got tired of the sitting in a chair behind the car, listening to the nit pickers, and doing the stupid question and answer game YEARS ago. Now, I much prefer driving them instead of wiping and worrying....lol.

The Vegas MATS show has always had what is known as a Fun Field for those that do not want to have anything to do with judging.

That is exactly why I prefer cruise ins. Show up when you want, shoot the bull with the guys and gals and then leave and go ride around some more. I got tired of the sitting in a chair behind the car, listening to the nit pickers, and doing the stupid question and answer game YEARS ago. Now, I much prefer driving them instead of wiping and worrying....lol.
Yep, took my car to a cruise Saturday night and left early with the threat of rain coming in and it getting dark early now. Good thing because my car died a mile from my house.:(

There really isn't any cruises, Cars and Coffee, or cruise ins in my area (hour or three away or a once a year deal). It seems like there's a car show every weekend close by.......

Start one. Get your car friends together and make it happen.

Start one. Get your car friends together and make it happen.
That's always a good option and plan. Especially if you can get a local business interested. Like a pizzeria. Bar/pub. Or any that has some space. Advertise at that business, as well as, car sites and Facebook. The first year will be small. But you would be surprised how big it grow. Even to the point of needing a bigger event area.

Fortunately, all of the events I attend do not hold you prisoner, you're free to leave at any time. I attended the Woodward Dream Cruise, on Saturday, but left just before dinner time because I had enough fun and didn't want to endanger myself or others on the drive home (about an hour). I'm almost 64 and I'm an early riser, but "poop out" quicker than I used to (fatigue is a symptom of my liver disease (PSC)).

IMG_6042 Favorite 50.jpg

IMG_6045 Favorite 50.jpg

IMG_6085 Favorite 50.jpg

Not to mention having to listen to, "My uncle had a 69 Barracuda just like this, but his had a Hemi."

Used to go to Hot August Nights in Reno when I lived out that way and it always seemed like the real fun of checking out the "show" cars was actually out in the parking lots.

Some of the shows and swap meets here in Texas have a "Car Corral" where you can display your car for a lower fee than entering the car show or swap meet. They don't allow For Sale signs if you are entered there. I've seen some really nice cars at these events.

-
Back