Car show question

-
By all means take it, enjoy the ride, your hard work, and just have fun with it!!!

I remember reading a story one time about a cruise in somewhere in California where an older gentleman had a Volare and would come to the cruise every week. His car was just a daily driver, somewhat rusty and worn looking, but he was very proud of it and would dote over it at the show. The cruise organizers had 50/50 and small participation awards to give out every week, and awarded him with a participation award for his love for his car and his support for the hobby. This kind man was so taken back that they chose him that he cried upon receiving an award for his car. The organizers didn't care about the condition of his car, they saw his love for his car and the hobby and recognized his support and enjoyment of just being there. Every show should take a page from this group... just enjoy what you got, and enjoy making it what you want it to be!!! JMO, Geof

Well said indeed. I only wish more shows were like that. I quit going a long time ago. Too many folks putting cubic money into cars, trophy whores and just a lot of negativity. The people didn't look happy, I wasn't happy, I wasn't having fun. I'm starting to come back around to it. Maybe it's just an adjusting of my own attitude. There are a bunch of great car buffs out there who enjoys cars just for cars. I've seen it here on this board and I've met a few in person. I hope to meet more, enjoy the cars and friends. Let the Stress Monkeys worry about trophies and who has a bigger.......wallet.

-
Back