Car Show Tips??

-
I have shown my Comet some, learned a lot. If I am going to show it, I spend two days detailing it. It is more fun to drive that way, then I reclean it after it is parked at the show. I leave the hood up and the trunk down and the windows down. I put up my EZ-UP and sit in my chair & visit with everyone who "used to have one". Because it is so rare, (or undesirable) I am usually the only Comet there. I spend most of my time picking my favorite cars of the show and taking photos of them. Then I watch the mustangs, cameros and street rods all trophy and drive my car home:) I like to go to shows to get ideas from other builds that I can use later. I didn't show much this year because I am spending every X-tra minute working on my Barracuda. I will show the Barracuda a few times when it is done while I work on the next one though.
DR

I like to throw a little sign like this on the seat. It's good for a laugh. I'm always surprised at the number of people who feel compelled to grope my car.

Attachments

• danger-do not touch.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 167
Here's To you Experienced Car Show Experts, Any Tips ,Do's and Dont's??, Any Advice will be Appreciated!!:newb:

Lawn sprayer filled with water.
This will be used if it rains on the way there. You hose down 1 side at a time when you get there and towel dry.

Tire Foam
This isn't just for tires. Take 2 cans. Use on tires when you get there and spray the wheel wells, springs that show etc...
We have been known to use a whole can in an engine compartment we forgot to clean before leaving home. We hosed down the whole engine bay and wiped it down with towels.

That's my 2 biggest secrets.:glasses7:

I always drive in, park my car and start walking around. I spend very little time at my actual car.

I know some people love to stand around and answer questions, but I'm not one of those people.

Why?........ Because some clown always knows more about my car than I do. Like the "wonder turd" that insisted a 340 was not available in 68.

I'm the same way. I can't stand still. But after walking around 140 Red Chevy's and 32 Fords with SBCs its always nice to come back to my car with folks standing around that ask real questions. It also helps to have a small flask of JD Green.

Thanks Guys for all on the comments, I glad I have a mopar instead of a Ford or Chevy,We are trully in a class by itself sometimes, I feel like sometimes we are Overlooked!, But I still try to go home a WINNER!!:blob::blob::blob:

Here's To you Experienced Car Show Experts, Any Tips ,Do's and Dont's??, Any Advice will be Appreciated!!:newb:

yes, don't take it too seriously. park the car and go enjoy yourself. those guys that spend an hour setting their display up then another 3 hours cleaning and wiping down their car for a stupid local show that has any old jack *** judging it crack me up.. dude its 99 cent trophy given to you by a guy that has no idea what he is looking at....lmao...

I did the opposite once, took it to the track and THEN to a car show. Bad idea, as I had rubber all over the quarters and oil blow-by splattered all over the engine bay. LOL

I have seen very nice cars never get picked, they were beat out by a 2 year old corvette/mustang

there was a car show in town here years ago, and the award for 'best interior' went to a kid with a brand-new Trash Am.

as he goes up to get the award, someone yells out "THAT AWARD SHOULD GO TO GM!!!!!!"

everyone lolled.

First rule of going to a show - make sure your car is running........ Had a show today (first nice day weather wise in 6 months) that I had planned to go to. Last night my electric fuel pump decided to go belly up :((( No show for me today!

I did the opposite once, took it to the track and THEN to a car show. Bad idea, as I had rubber all over the quarters and oil blow-by splattered all over the engine bay. LOL

i would think showing the car that way makes it look fast which should win an award in itself

After the last show I was at, forget everything I said earlier about having everything clean and spotless. Seems that chrome reverse wheels that have negative backspace, JC Whitney stick on chrome and engine compartments that haven't been cleaned in 5 years is what wins with judges these days........

I cant wait to show my car in its first show with the presentation board for my "Plymouth Nova" with its "Boss 302" and its IH tranny , and give out little stickers that say "SIGN"
Andrew

-
Back