Car shuts off when hot, air bubbles in fuel filter

-

67DodgeDart360

Reaction score
The car would idle for about 20-30 minutes then shut off when it's hot. Sometimes the fuel filter is full other times it's half full or bubbling. I bought a new fuel pump and fuel filter. I bought a new gas tank. New holley carburetor. I put the hose off the fuel pump into a gas can and it was doing the same thing. I thought it could of been vapor lock. I then tighten all hose clamp connections. It's a 360 engine in a 67 Dodge Dart. Please help thank you!

The fuel pump may be sucking air,, check all rubber connecting hoses for cracks or loose clamps..

Then look along passenger side chassis area and inspect fuel line for any sign of staining from a fuel leak ,, that can also suck air when running..

We thought it was a bad fuel pump but we replaced it with a new one and it is still doing the same thing. And we ran a hose to a gas can under the engine. I wanted to see if we might have a small leak in the gas line. When I took off the hose to the gas filter it blows the gas right out of the filter. Is that normal? To have that much pressure in your fuel filter?

We tried a new coil. We tried a new fuel filter and the arrow is going the right way.

Did you find a solution yet ? Mine just started doing this too and I got stranded today...

I think is all comes back to the crappy gas we have to use. I use a mallory electric pump with a return line, no more problems like this.

Bubbles are normal in the fuel. If you have a see through filter, you have the wrong one anyway.

-
Back