car title Q,s

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
i picked up my new dodge today i had what i needed so after we comalong the car up on the trailor half way up he said o i don,t have the key.with it ok i can pull the wheel and put a key in. after we load all the way i give him my title noterized ready to go get taged he hands me a pennsylvania title thats no noterized, but sign. we swaped cars mine for his no money swaped hands. ok it will work. so is there any pennsylvania guys that knows what i need to do, i know i have to get a state insepction before i can get it switched but i,m in ohio will i need to have it noterized in pennsylania first? or just get a ohio notartyto do it here. does anybody know?

It is very difficult to read your post. It sounds like

You bought a car in Penn

You live in Ohio

You got a title with the car but the owner did not sign the title "over" with a notary??

Ohio is gonna require a notarized signature?

If this is true and IF Ohio requires a notorized signature, the only place that you can LEGALLY get a notary on HIS signature is with the title IN HIS HAND and AT HIS NOTARY

If Ohio requires a notary on this title, probably the easiest way out is to get the original owner to apply for a duplicate title, PROPERLY sign it over in front of a notary, get the notary to do his deed, then send you that new title by insured, registered mai.

Or.......drive back to Penn.

it was late and i don,t come over well in type. yes i bought a car that was from pennsylvania that was in ohio.the guy i got the car from did not have the title work done before he sold it to me. i think i can get it notarized here.do you think that will work?the o/e owner have signed it.

i look at there web site for pennsylvania t i think they do i know ohio does i will call ohio dmv monday and find out the real scoop.i,ve done 3 out of state cars before it just been to long ago to remember.

PA requires the title to be signed in the presence of the notary.

i think i can get it notarized here.do you think that will work?the o/e owner have signed it.

No You don't seem to understand the idea of a "notarized" document. The entire idea is that the "notary" is staking his reputation, his official authority, on the idea that the proper people have signed the document, in the proper place, proper date, and voluntarily, if that's an issue, and so on. The person SIGNING the document MUST sign the document in the presence of the notary.

So it seems to me there are two questions:

Is Ohio going to require this to be notarized?

Is Penn gonna require it?

If either answer is yes, then you need to have the

TITLE

SELLER

and NOTARY all in the same place when it's signed

it was late and i don,t come over well in type. yes i bought a car that was from pennsylvania that was in ohio.the guy i got the car from did not have the title work done before he sold it to me. i think i can get it notarized here.do you think that will work?the o/e owner have signed it.
If you have a good notary better slip him a fin.

I have never had a problem transferring a title in PA as long as it is signed by the seller, some notary's have a stick in an uncomfortable place, that's why it is a good idea to have a notary / tag place that knows you and will work with you to solve problems, that and a good parts guy

Hopefully you can find somebody to notarize the title. The notary is basiclly verifiying the person selling the item is the person on the title. That is why a notary will usually look at your license and compare the signatures.

It is the sellers responsibility to give you a clean title. This could get messy but I hope it doesn't.

thanks longarm.looks like this won,t be a big thing i have a good title have to see how to get this done.i was going to contact the o/e owner to let them know i,ve got the car. to see if they can have it notorzied open then all i have to do is take it to the dmv.i have a realastate lady that normaly does my titles but i don,t work next door anymore so i have to take a day off to go there.by the way sweet looking charger.i like that year.

-
Back