Car won't run past 60mph

-
There isn't any chance of an exhaust restriction in there?

No 2.25 duals straight through mufflers X-pipe with manifolds. Unless those 318 heads are really just choking it down so much it cant go any faster. Small valves, horrible ex-ports, 973 smog heads, on a 360 bottom end.

No 2.25 duals straight through mufflers X-pipe with manifolds. Unless those 318 heads are really just choking it down so much it cant go any faster. Small valves, horrible ex-ports, 973 smog heads, on a 360 bottom end.

It would be interesting to hear this thing running if possible.
I just have a feeling it doesn't run as good as you think it does.

How fast does it get to it's apparent top speed from a stop?

No 2.25 duals straight through mufflers X-pipe with manifolds.
Not glasspacks by any chance? They're notorious for the innards rusting and letting the fiberglass plug them up at the outlet.

Dude.... my '76 Dart Lite with the 1 BBL /6 would do 95-100 easy on level ground....and 80 mph up a mile long 9% highway grade in 3rd (Christiansburg Mtn in VA). My dad would do 85 up the same grade in his '56 Ford when we were kids with a stock 292. It ain't just your haids.

Not glasspacks by any chance? They're notorious for the innards rusting and letting the fiberglass plug them up at the outlet.

Dude.... my '76 Dart Lite with the 1 BBL /6 would do 95-100 easy on level ground....and 80 mph up a mile long 9% highway grade in 3rd (Christiansburg Mtn in VA). My dad would do 85 up the same grade in his '56 Ford when we were kids with a stock 292. It ain't just your haids.

Is that a fake redneck accent or a real technical accident? :D

I thought from my very first post that it was probably my convertor. However, Im chasing the rabbit down the hole simply because all symtoms needed to be addressed anyway. Serviced the rear diff identified 2.93 ratio. Serviced the trans identified that it's tired and worn. Continuing to adjust kick down cable to get third in desired RPM. Now that all this has been discussed and debated. Last thing to do is make a video.

-
Back