Carb for 416

-

moparmade43

Reaction score
Hey guys, have a ? for ya.

I have a 75 duster, that I have built a 416 for. It has forged rods, pistons, and crank, 10.5:1 compression, ported edelbrock rpm heads, a comp cams roller cam, 236 duration at .050, .550/.570 lift, roller rockers and lifters, edelbrock performer rpm intake, slightly massaged and port matched. The car has 3.91 gears, a 727 transmission with a 9.5" PTC converter behind it, 3500 stall. My question is what carb should I run, are there any opinions. I have my eye set on a Mighty demon, as it is about 100 bucks cheaper than the 4150 series holley, but want to get some feedback first. Also, I'm thinkin 750 cfm. Important: This is a street car only, not track time, so I want it to be reliable and be able to get in it and drive, without having to tune the thing every time i fire it up.

Thanks in advance!!

I would say a 950 but since it is street only......I have a really nice 750 vac secondary carb for sale....it has a Proform mainbody, Billet baseplate and a Quickfuel vac secondary housing. I'm only getting rid of it because I went to a 650 DP......it's be a really nice strret carb for that motor.

Holley 770 Street Avenger would be my recommendation.

Phils carb would be a nice street carb for it. It should flow around 830cfm with the proform body.

-
Back