Carb fuel “log” vs dual fed lines?

-

standup303

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m planning out my fuel lines on my 440 with a dual fed Holley 4150 750cfm. I’ve always seen the fuel log style like the first pic but wondering if there is any benefit to mounting the regulator to a plate and using both outlets of the regulator like the 2nd pic? Would it more evenly feed the carb? Seems like it would at least clean up the bay not having the regulator bolted to the fender well.

IMG_8964.jpeg

IMG_8962.jpeg

No benefit that I see, in fact, the setup in the second picture will sometimes interfere with things like valve covers and other engine parts. Remember, there's not an engine in that picture, so it's difficult to tell.

I tell you how "I" would do it. I would add a "T" fitting to the first picture, like in the front to the rear. Then come off that to my regulator and out of the regulator with my return line.

No benefit that I see, in fact, the setup in the second picture will sometimes interfere with things like valve covers and other engine parts. Remember, there's not an engine in that picture, so it's difficult to tell.
Ya that’s a good point with the valve covers and air cleaner. I may just roll with the fuel log. Seems easier and cheaper. Always cool to see something different tho.

Ya that’s a good point with the valve covers and air cleaner. I may just roll with the fuel log. Seems easier and cheaper. Always cool to see something different tho.
That setup with the regulator on the plate is 1960s stuff. lol

If you a return that would be the best to run the reg on return side . but yes agree that not much benefit when your engine doesnt burn like a top fueler lol

Hmm, cool fuel is happy fuel.
We don’t need no stinkin Vapor Lock,
I don’t always sit in traffic but when I do, I’m glad I gots a return line.

If you are building a fuel system I would never build one without a return line. It’s just not worth it any more.

Every time I see those cheap *** junk Holley regulator I wonder how they keep selling garbage.

I’d do it once and not think about it again.

Guess I'm stuck in the past. (Regulator? What's that?)
Same here.
and I also have an airgap style intake , and fresh air. But
my 3/8ths fuel line is all hard from pump to carb, minus a lil jumper to the dual-feed. The filter is at the back.
IMO,
Mechanical pumps, on the street, are more or less self-regulating, I said more or less. and non of my Holley-carbs are sensitive to over-pressure from my pump.
Yes, I guess it is possible, that I'm just lucky.
BTW,
my large-capacity, metal canister, EFI fuel filter was new in 1999. over 125,000 miles ago. So I guess I'm lucky with that as well. I mounted it in front of the Passenger side front spring mount, with hard lines of course.

Last edited:
Hey all, I’m planning out my fuel lines on my 440 with a dual fed Holley 4150 750cfm. I’ve always seen the fuel log style like the first pic but wondering if there is any benefit to mounting the regulator to a plate and using both outlets of the regulator like the 2nd pic? Would it more evenly feed the carb? Seems like it would at least clean up the bay not having the regulator bolted to the fender well.

View attachment 1716286230

View attachment 1716286231
They are both fed by the same line from the tank to the line kit. Use whatever trips your trigger.

-
Back