Carb Fuel Line

-

matthon

Reaction score
Is there a fuel line that levels off from the carb sooner so that it clears the distributor better?

Does anyone have pics of their BB fuel lines with a Holley?

DSC05461.JPG

I had bad luck with chrome ones...they wanted to leak right at the carb threads even with teflon sealer..I used some AN fittings at the carb to 3/8" rubber line to an AN barb fitting with rubber line to an AN barb "T" from the rear, I have also used the stock rubber line kit that comes with a Holley carb...I run a MSD Pro billet distributor that sits higher and does not interfere with the fuel line...8)

Stupid me, I thought I would be able to buy something, but it looks like I'll have to make one.
This is what I would like to do, (I know its not a Mopar, but the line looks perfect).

DSCN0870-1.jpg

I forgot to add a picture yesterday....here is the Holley rubber line set up running to a hard line in front of the distributor...

IMG00119-20100328-1042.jpg

there used to be a company that made mopar specific steel holley carb fuel lines in all the mopar mags if you really want to buy an off the shelf part. i dont think they were cheap but they looked good.

there used to be a company that made mopar specific steel holley carb fuel lines in all the mopar mags if you really want to buy an off the shelf part. i dont think they were cheap but they looked good.

Yes I have seen it in mopar collectors guide .

Don't just make it out of rubber line , especially considering the amount of ethanol in the pump fuel these days .

If you look at the end of my fuel line setup,you,ll see theres a cap for running fuel in from the back.It,s setup for running out the front(small block)but can be easily swapped to run out the back.Good Luck.

car pics 66 Dart 150.jpg

I've searched every parts store in the area, (you name it, I went there, including a few 'speed' shops), and the only thing I could locate are 2 sections of 3/8 line flared on both ends with the threaded connectors, and two 3/8 brass connectors to connect the lines.
The line is brake/fuel line, from what they told me- is that true?
Can you use brake line for fuel?

I cannot locate the brass Y fitting, the 2 brass Carb Inlet Inverted Flare fittings, or the brass fitting for the fuel pump, (it accepts the flared line fitting)- except for on e-Bay, (from 3 different sellers which adds to the price with shipping).

What a joke.

yeah i tired to make my own holley line from parts stores once and i had no luck.

not every one is into the braid i guess. im not crazy about it.

I'm not into it either, and good thing- its not cheap!
I found all of the pieces, except a 1 piece Y block, I had to get 4 pieces and put them together.

Yep, its cheaper on eBay, but in the end I got everything I need local for less than $20. I even found two flaring tool kits at a garage sale for $2, and they threw in an old tin for flux, plus a tin for valve stems with 3 still inside.

This is what I came up with. Total cost was less than $50.

DSC05875.jpg

DSC05877.jpg

-
Back