Carb Intake Combo, Whats Needed?

-

73'-318VALIANT

Terd Slinger
Reaction score
Im Thinking Of Swapping Out My Old 2brl On My 318 For An Eddy Performer 600 Cfm, I Was Wondering What Intake Would Be Good For A Completly Bone Stock Motor, Not Lookin For Any Great Hp Increases Just Something Thats Gonna Run Good Light To Light And Highway. This Motor Will Hopefully Only Be In For 6 More Months Or So! 360 Ci Soon. This Car Is Pretty Much Driven Daily. Any Info Would Be Great!

I guess that depends a little bit on whether or not you plan to transfer the manifold and carb to the 360. If so, I would lean towards a performer RPM. If not then the regular Performer or factory iron. The RPM has bigger ports and runners so it will breather better at high RPM, but there will be a port mismach on a 318. A regular Performer will be restrictive on a healthy 360.

If you are running a stock 318 with factory single exhaust, you won't notice the difference between them, as the exhaust is your biggest restriction.

Well I Have Plans To Throw Some Pipes On, But Not Until I Can Fix This Carb Prob. I Think I Will Sell The Carb +intake With The 318 When I Drop In The 360. So Ill Prob Just Keep The Eddy Performer! And Which Would Be The Best Intake To Use With This Carb? Thanx Again. Tg

Well I Have Seen Dual Plane Intakes, Single Plane Intakes. And Ive Heard Of People Blocking Off Certain Ports And Planes In Their Intakes Which Is The Part That Is Confusing The Hell Out Of Me!! Lol I Just Really Need Something Thats Gonna Be Good For Daily Driving And Maybe A Little Extra Hp. But Not To Pricey Seeing As How Im Not Goona Keep The 318 For To Long. Thx

Mopar M1 dual plane or edelbrock performer

plain and simple for your described application

Sanguine said:
Mopar M1 dual plane or edelbrock performer

plain and simple for your described application
Agreed except he did say he is going to a 360 later. Since that seems to be the plan, I also vote for the RPM intake. It would bennifit the 360 with any cam above a stock 340 cam.

73'-318VALIANT said:
And Ive Heard Of People Blocking Off Certain Ports And Planes In Their Intakes Which Is The Part That Is Confusing The Hell Out Of Me!! Lol I Just Really Need Something Thats Gonna Be Good For Daily Driving And Maybe A Little Extra Hp. But Not To Pricey Seeing As How Im Not Goona Keep The 318 For To Long. Thx

I don't know about blocking anything in the intake. Putting in a "Damn" infront of a runner to help balance out the single plane runners is a "To do" thing. At this point, do not worry about that. All your going to need (IMO) is a RPM/Stealth.

The lower power band starts @ 1500 rpm which would be the beginning of a decent cam for that extra street power your looking for.
For the price of the intake, this is a performance peice that you can use for a very very long time in many many applications from mild to hairy wild.
Purchase the mentioned intake with NO WORRIES.

Ohh, I can help with those. :thumbup: Sell'em and roll the dough over into the Mopar. :tongue9:

Damn Right., Except For My Baby, Yes Its A Cadillac But She Sure Is Perty!! 79 Coupe Deville 7.0 425 Every Option Known To Man. 100% Original Garage Kept 1 Owner Thats Mt Girl!!! But One Day Vicky (valiant) Will Be Just As Nice Or Nicer, And A Hell Of A Lot Faster!!1 Lol The Rest Can Go!!

73'-318VALIANT said:
Im Thinking Of Swapping Out My Old 2brl On My 318 For An Eddy Performer 600 Cfm, I Was Wondering What Intake Would Be Good For A Completly Bone Stock Motor, Not Lookin For Any Great Hp Increases Just Something Thats Gonna Run Good Light To Light And Highway. This Motor Will Hopefully Only Be In For 6 More Months Or So! 360 Ci Soon. This Car Is Pretty Much Driven Daily. Any Info Would Be Great!

edelbrock performer intake

u might even want to look into the little edelbrock intake for the 318 i dont know the numbers but its a great intake for just the basic 318 and u could prob find one real cheap good bang for buck

Edelbrock Performer.
Really woke my 318 up.

If you have a auto trans,you will need to grab the throttle bracket/kick down from a four barrel car. :thumbup:

Picture 274.jpg

71_dart_swinger said:
u might even want to look into the little edelbrock intake for the 318
Like mentioned in post #2 & 6 & 7 & 12? LOL.
(Good looking out.)

I always liked the iron intake and small AVS myself..lol (just disagreeing here:D )

LOL, Actually not a bad combo for an instant upgrade. Even better when it can be done on the cheap.

ok im goign to keep my 318 and i was thinking bout getting the air gap intake is this a good one or is there a better one and what carb is reccomened for this

i just picked up a new air gap for my 360. i've only heard good things about them exept for a long warm up time when its cold out. havnt put it on yet but i guess well see what it does. i was able to pick a new one off ebay for $190 shipped. ive been looking for them for a long time and thats the cheapest i found. still a few bucks saved there is a few more for the rest of the engine. as for the carb, i am running a 650 holley vac secondary for street use. for the 318 i would probably get a 600. all depends on your build though.

-
Back