carb leak question

-

mopardads67

Reaction score
Hello everyone.I have a question about gas leaking out of my 4160 holley.The carb only has a couple of miles or a few hours depending upon how you want to look at it and it has developed a leak around what looks like a soft plug on the top of the bowl. Is it easy to fix?replace the plug ? or epoxy on top?Here is a picture of what I'm talking about.
100_0781.jpg

I have had Holley all my life and that's a new one on me.It would have to be some kind of sealant that gas cant eat through.

Hi thats a cap the covers the passage thats drilled to the needle and seat when manafactured it shouldnt leak but faults happen when carbs are mass produced . so as posted above seal it up with jb weld , dev con or araldite any of those will do. good luck simon

Wait, before you go trying hack jobs on it, call Holley customer service and describe the problem to them. They are usually VERY good at taking care of things like this even to the point of exchanging or repairing the carb for you, especially if it appears to be a manufacturing defect.

-
Back