Carb rebuild

-

tbrannigan

Reaction score
Guys,

Over the winter I think I's like to send the carter off my 1970 Dart 340 out to be "restored". It has a worn choke cam and overall I just can't seem to get it right in general so I think it's time. I'd like to get it restored vs simply reubilt, does anyone have a good source? Thanks! Terry

I still have my carter, but I ditched in favor of the simpler performance and settings of a Holley. If your worried about keeping the car original, just stash it somewhere.

The recommendations I got were that the Holley bolts on and you go. Prolly not much difference between cost and it made my life easier. I took the 12V right of the alternator, for the electric choke.

Just my .02

Thanks so much. You know, That is exactly what I have been thinking. My car is 100% original but i have a box with a restored, mastery cylender, oil pan and starter...there's probably room for a carb in there!

I disagree with a Holley being a simpler carb to work on. Though, you can not beat a new carb! IF the choke cam is worn, your going to need a donor part I believe.

Is this an AVS style carb?

Regardless of carb choice, a new carb just needs a tuning kit and some time. You'll be up and rennin no time flat.

-
Back