Carb to multi port

-

Nicemike

68 Valiant
Reaction score
I have a question about a 408 dressed I purchased. I have had it for almost 5 years and it's been on a stand. I'm looking to finally install it and I came across a magnum factory multi port set up with harness pcm whole deal. Mechanically what internally would need to be changed. I've been researching and different cams are used between carberatied and injected engines. Can someone point me in a direction please? So much info I've been reading is confusing. Thanks

Nicemike,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I would need to know which of our 408's you have, but it seems to me that the oem truck injection is not the way to go. That would require professional tuning, and the cam we use for our carbed engines probably isn't a good match for the factory ECM.

We can get you an intake manifold, and a holley sniper unit, that will accomplish the EFI swap the right way, and we have all the supporting equipment to make the swap pretty seamless. Big difference in a swap ready holley sniper, designed to be user friendly, and a 20 year old EFI system that was only designed to work on a factory 240 HP engine with a mild cam.

glad to help explain further, or talk on the phone.
some helpful links below.

Johnny
BluePrint Engines

EFI KITS

Electric Fuel Pumps

BluePrint Engines

-
Back