Carbon Fiber body parts

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a company/place where I can get Carbon Fiber Body Parts (Hood, Trunk Lid, Doors, etc...) for my Duster? The parts can be 100% Carbon Fiber or and Carbon Fiber/Fiberglass mix. I don't care if the parts are only made in the stock type form, but would prefer some custom made option (at least on the hood). Thanks in Advance!

P.S. I know they make Carbon Fiber parts for muscle cars because I've found parts for my 1972 Chevelle SS.

Physical benefits of it. Trying to lighten the car up and not be weak like fiberglass

P.S. I know they make Carbon Fiber parts for muscle cars because I've found parts for my 1972 Chevelle SS.

Umm, they make a lot of things for Chevy's that you won't find mass marketed for Mopars. Especially A-bodies. If I recall, it was just last year, or maybe the year before, that AMD expanded its steel reproduction panels for A-bodies. Everything still isn't available yet, even compared to E-body's.

I believe I've seen the A-body dual hood scoops offered in carbon fiber, and once upon a time I recall seeing a hood for a Cuda or a Challenger. But that was more of a one off kind of deal, not a company making a run of parts.

My guess is that if you really want carbon fiber parts for your Duster, you will have to find a company willing to do custom carbon fiber work.

best of luck, its not gonna be cheap, Especially being that our cars get everything later on after everything else has it. and carbon fiber is fairly strong, but highly brittle. I'd personally do aluminum if you really dislike fiberglass. I rode BMX for about 7 years before I realized I had blown so much money on junk that I always broke. I once spent $500 out of pocket for a bike frame made of carbon fiber and broke it in less than 3 months. I had an aluminum frame for about 4 years and it weighed less and never broke. JMO, Carbon fiber is like a giant cracker, it may be strong as far as resisting flexing goes, but if something smacks into it and stresses it, it will take quite a bit off for sure. None of the ricers down here have carbon fiber hoods anymore as the gravel trucks are so prevelant in my area, they'd have hoods that looked like swiss cheese.

-
Back