Carburetor choices?

-

usdart

Reaction score
Have a 73 slant six automatic and I do not like Holley Carbs. You can try to convince me but after several tries with them I am done. I love Edelbrock but, they don't make one for a Slant six?

Anyway, what are my options for interchange?

I don't have the bux to go to a 4 barrel set-up. Just want a smooth runner with maximum mileage.

Thanks for ANY input, I know some of you guys and gals have been expeView attachment 73Dart2.jpgrimenting.

a single throat carter always ran good for me. they are easy to work on and pretty easy to find. a carter 2 barrel is a good carb as well but i think you would need an adapter to use one of those. i see them for sale alot here, heck ,someone may give you one . im sure someone with more knowledge on these will chime in. i mess with four barrels for the most part.

For smooth and gas mileage, a Carter BBS is just what you want. This is what the vast majority of slants had. Bear in mind that by now the throttle shaft bores are probably shot, and the potential for hacked or warped carbs is high. The newest of these is over 25 years old. If you score a 2 barrel manifold, you can either use a Carter BBD (same old carb issues apply) or, if you want a new carb a Weber would be a reasonable starting point.

I have a 2bbl Carter BBD changeover if you choose to go that route.
Thanks, Mark

-
Back